Chapter 21

OMG this story has hit 60k!!!! What the hell! That's amazing!!! Thank you so much for reading.

Benny's POV. (Yas its Benny's POV!)

I sat there awkwardly as James glared at this Carlos man. James lifted his chin slightly and puffed out his chest (like a chicken 😂) to show that he wasn't afraid of a fight.

I don't understand why my family always ends up fighting people?

(I'm sorry I just keep imagining chickens running around..... Now I'm thinking about headless chickens I think my imagination had gone a little to far now)

Florence moved away from Carlos quickly and moved around the table to where James and I were sitting.

Carlos's face held worry as he gulped and started to stand up. It was obvious to everyone that he was not welcome here.

The whole ice cream parlour had gone quiet as if watching a dramatic soap in real life.

"I guess I'll just um..." Carlos stuttered as he looked around the room for help from anyone.

"You should leave" James said with anger. His eyes were like daggers as he glared whilst Carlos started to walk away.

When Carlos had finally gone there was quiet for a while before the door to the shop ringed open. Everyone turned around to see a happy looking Amanda walk in.

She stopped in her tracks and her faced fell from a smile to a curious look as she noticed everyone was looking at her.

"Well this is awkwarder than the time my dentist thought I was 12 and asked where my mum was at" Amanda said seriously.

Florence walked over to her friend and hugged her tightly. They both smiled at each other and then started to walk back towards us.

"When did that happen?" Florence asked.

"What happen?" Amanda looked confused as she tried desperately to work out what Florence was saying.

"The things with you dentist" Understanding rushed through Amanda's face as she realised what Florence was asking.

"Oh just last week" Florence laughed and Amanda joined in. They were both laughing like maniacs. I looked over to James who looked a little worried.

I quickly leaned into James.

"James I think their both ...crazy" I whispered to him.

He looked at me with complete sincerity "I think you may be right little man"

We both looked back to the two girl who were hooting with laughter. They looked a little like seals but I would never tell them that.

Eventually they stopped there ruckus and calmed down enough so that we could pay and leave the shop.

I could feel droplets of rain dripping onto my face. Why did we live somewhere that rains so much?

I wiped away the rain and continued to walk hand in hand with crazy girl no. 1. Or as many liked to called her...Florence.

We walked quickly to the car. Florence lifted me up into my car seat, which by the way I think is absolutely obscene, and buckled me in.

Amanda hugged Florence goodbye from outside the window and then walked off whilst Florence and James got into the two front seats.

James looked nervous as he kept glancing over at Florence who was completely oblivious to the fact.

Everyone knew James was planning on asking Florence out. And when I say everyone I mean everyone. The family knows, friends know, even out gardener Keith knows. He had tried to become a better person for her and everything. He stopped smoking. He doesn't drink as much as he use too and he has handed the gang over to someone else. Although we do still get gang guys turning up at the house unannounced.

Oh well... I guess you can't have everything.

I could feel my eyes beginning to shut as darkness consumed me. I just hoped that James would ask her out soon.

****
A/N

Hi guys I really hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

I was also wondering how you found this novel as I am curious.

Rowanlovesblue