Chapter 9

Benny took me up to his room. The walls were blue and so was his Thomas the tank engine bedding. We played with his Lego sets for hours. His room was filled with the stuff. It was all over the floor and I had to be careful not to step on any.

I felt like a ninja.

"Do you like James?" Benny asked me.
I smiled at him. "Of course I do Benny"

"So you would get married to him then?" He asked.

My smile fell, "what? Benny I don't think that's possible" I said to him.

His face fell too. "Why not?" He asked.
"James doesn't like me in that way" I told him.

"Yes he does, he told Harry so" I just let his comments about James brush off after that. He didn't understand anyway, he was too young.

By an hour I was starting to feel a little woozy. I excused myself for a second to use the rest room and got up.

I never made it too the bathroom.

I only took another few steps out of the door before I collapsed in a heap and everything went black.

***
I couldn't open my eyes at first. I could only hear things like the steady beep of a heart monitor and chatter from just outside the room.

"Is she going to be okay?" Someone asked.

"I hope so but you will have to watch what she eats from now on" someone said.

"She's been out for a few days which helped us bring her weight back a bit but someone has to watch over her at meal times and just afterwards okay"

There was a murmur of yes' before the door squeaked open. My eyes finally unstuck and they fluttered open. As my eyes adjusted I could see a tall man looking down at me.

I gasped but my throat was so dry it sounded more like a croak.

He handed me some water and I gulped it down. "What happened" I asked when I could finally talk again.

"You collapsed because you didn't eat enough" the man told me. I nodded.

A loud snore was heard to my right and my head shot around. There, sitting in the corner, was James sleeping.

The man noticed my sudden movement and laughed.

"He hasn't moved once, he told us he was going to stay with you until you woke up and there was noting we could do about it"

I laughed a little. James was very stubborn when it came to certain things.

Then again I was very stubborn too, I probably wouldn't eat properly, my ego was to big to say what I was doing was wrong.

But I knew I had been caught. That only meant that I would have to hide it more.

James groaned in his sleep, obviously he was uncomfortable so I slid the sheets off my body and slipped out of bed, towards him.

"James.." I whispered "Ragazzino?" He opened his eyes slowly.

He yawned and then suddenly stops and stays very still.

He looks at me with pure worry lacing his face.

"You shouldn't be out of bed Flower" he told me. I sighed. I knew the next sentence was coming before it even came out of his mouth.

"Why would you do that?" He asked awkwardly.

"I don't want to talk about it" I said as I slipped back into bed.

He nodded. "The doctor said that you could go home in a few hours" he told me.

I stayed silent.

....

James POV (MWAHAHAHAHAHHAH.... sorry I'm editing this at 11:20 at night and I just felt like laughing but if I laugh out loud my parents will catch me)

Benny was screaming. That was the first moment I realized something was wrong.

Benny never screamed.

Most of the family were out in the garden enjoying the sun. Whilst I was in my room and Benny and Florence were playing Lego in Benny's room

I ran out of my room and down the hall to find Benny leaning over something screaming. No, not something. Someone.

I neared Benny and got down onto my knees. Florence was lying on the floor.

"Florence?" I questioned. When I got no reply I started to panic.

"Florence?" I said again but a lot louder. Still nothing.

I shook her before checking her pulse.

It was weak.

"Benny tell mum to call an ambulance" I ordered my little brother.

Without a second thought Benny was running as fast as he could.

I faced Florence again and placed her head on my knees. Stroking her hair I started muttering.

"Hang in there Flower, I don't want to lose you"

......

Hey.

So what do you think?
Vote
Comment
Or just simply enjoy the book.
(Truthfully it is cool when you guys vote an comment but if you don't like to then I don't mind).

-Rowan