Chapter 20

James' POV

I smiled as Florence ran out of the car and practically smashed through the door to the ice cream parlour. I quickly got out of my car and raced after her with Benny just behind me.

As I walked in Florence was already at the counter ordering her ice cream. I don't think I've ever seen her go somewhere so fast.

The man looked my girl up and down as if checking her out... Wait.... He was checking her out...
No... No.... No...

I walked towards Florence and put my arms around her waist- hugging her from behind.
'What have you decided to have beautiful' I asked, a sly smile forming on my lips as the guys behind the counter looked away quickly in embarrassment.

"An after eight mint sundae" she told me "I love mint, and ice cream. Omg I love ice cream so much!"

(I use to love after eight mint sundaes- then I found out I was dairy intolerant..... My life sucks!)

'That sounds delicious beautiful" I said as I snuggled my face into her neck. The guys behind the counter had taken a few steps back now and seemed to be very uncomfortable.

I had been planning to ask Florence to be my girlfriend for weeks and this guy wasn't going to stop me- unfortunately it wasn't him who stopped me- it was someone I couldn't say no too.

"Hey James- stop trying to do icky things with Florence and pick me up so I can see the ice creams too" my 5 year old brother said.

Florence laughed and I was forced to let go of her to pick up Benny. Great- now I have to ask her out infront of my little brother. My little brother who hates PDA- or as he calls it 'icky things'.

I could see the man behind the counter smile as I was forced to let go- as if he thought he might have a chance.

I'm telling you I almost jumped over the counter and punched him senseless..... What? .... I said almost... I promise I won't actually do that..... Yet....

After we all ordered we sat down at a booth and waited for our sundaes.

It took 2 minutes for Florence's to get to our table. It then took another 20 minutes for mine and Bennys. I could see Florence felt awkward eating on her own. The guy behind the counter had obviously thought she loved ice cream so much that she would want as much as possible so he completely ignored what she actually ordered and gave her the biggest bowl I have ever seen.

She eventually started to eat- are about five mouthfuls and complained of being full- so obviously as Benny and I were still waiting we ate the rest of hers.

Eventually when the guys came over with Benny and my sundae he placed them quickly on the table and then focuses on Florence.

"Did you like the ice cream beautiful" he said with a smile plastering his face. He was such a .... Wait .... Did he just.... Did he just call her .... Beautiful .... That's my line.

"Can you just leave us alone mate" I said as calmly as I could. This was not going the way I had planned it to go.

"Man can you shut up I'm trying to speak to the lady" he answered back. I was getting pissed now and Benny and Florence knew that was not good.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't eat that much- oh and please don't all me that- I don't even know you- I think that was inappropriate" Florence said with a smile.

"That's fine beautiful- my names Carlos- what's yours" Carlos slid into the seat next to Florence.

Her eyes widened in worry. Florence was not
happy about him sitting next to her and I could see that.

"Mate listen- get out of here before I do something I would regret" I threatened " or maybe I won't regret it"

Carlos looked at me- working out if I was joking or not.

Believe me I wasn't.

*****
Hey guys- sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I hope you are still enjoying it- I'm getting really stuck for ideas so if you could help that would be awesome!

Rowanlovesblue