fourty-seven

i blow out the smoke from my mouth and i can feel the high rush over me. smiling at the slightly foreign feeling. it's been awhile since my lips wrapped around one of these bad boys. i feel great.

freya sits aside of me as we stare out into the dark sky on top of our rooftop. little stars gleam. i offered her the blunt but she declines. her lips held a deep pout and i quickly acknowledge it.

"what's wrong?" i ask with concern.

"i was just thinking about you and what happened to you and i just feel so bad for still feeling hurt about my dad when it could've been way worst. sometimes i feel like i'm gonna end up just like him. a bad person." freya looks down with a hurt expression across her beautiful face and i'm baffled.

i don't know what to say to that, i've never gave advice before. i was never the one to give advice so, i just think of something she would say.

"could it have been worst? yeah but he's still just as much of an asshole as mines," freya doesn't look up at me or seem to show if she's even listening so i grab her waist and scoot her closer to me, "freya, you are the best person i've ever met and you did that all by yourself. not because of your parents but because you wanted to succeed and be the best person you knew you could be. that says a lot. you're not a bad person."

"yeah? well, how do you know?" she asks.

"what person takes in a complete stranger with only their name as identification? a brave, kind, amazing person."

freya smiles up at me but it didn't match her eyes. her eyes told a whole different story.