two

i watch coldly as landon --the biggest drug dealer in this city- hops out the van and stare at me through the glass window then smirked. keeping my face expression the same, i look out in the night with beaming stars in the sky and hope this goes the way we plan, no funny business.

soon the bell to alert a customer has entered rings, my jaw clenches and i put my hand on the duffle bag that sits next to me. landon comes to sit across from me, his blonde hair pulled back in a man bun and his blue crystal eyes pierced my green ones. my face sits in a stone frown as i look back to see a big buff guy standing over me in a black suit.

"do you have my money?" landon speaks deeply but quiet enough for no one else to hear but us. i nod and lift the bag over the table, sliding it over to him. he unzips the bag vaguely and takes a quick glance then looks at me again.

"if i find out all of my money isn't in this bag or something happen on the job" landon starts getting up from the table but stops right beside me and bends down. "you're dead."

with that being his last words him and his body guard leave the diner briskly.

i take my eyes off the door once their out and look around the empty, small but spacious diner. catching the eyes of the waitress who stared at me with her eyebrows wrinkled. her eyes were curious and inviting but i look away.

seconds later i feel a presence standing over me. looking up and of course it's the beautiful waitress, she doesn't say anything just sits the plate with a omelette laying on top of it. she lightly smiles but awkwardly avoids eye contact.

"here's your meal. that'll be $8.99." her voice more raspy then before but she finally looks up causing us to lock eyes.

i lick my lips and ran my teeth over my bottom lip. taking out 10 bucks out my hoodie pocket and putting it on the table. not really feeling hungry anymore, i push the plate away then smile back up at her.

"you could've just not ordered if you weren't hungry." she says with more attitude in her tone.

"i thought i was at the time." i simply answer back.

she sinks in her cheek to stop from smiling but fails anyway. "i'm freya."

"i'm cole." i respond.

"you should come back." she suggest.

i playfully smirk and shrug, getting up from my booth and leaving.