six

we were walking down the surprisingly empty street of the city and passing multiple closed businesses.
freya insisted on walking with me even though i told her it's okay and she should head home but obviously she rejected my proposal.

"i'm the oldest out of all my siblings. me being 19, my sister and brother are 15. they're twins." she informed me of her life. "you?"

"well.. i'm 20, only child, and i never considered going to college. i barely made it out of high school." i chuckle and freya joining me.

"that's okay, college isn't for everyone. i wish adults would understand that." freya sighs deeply.

"anyways, what type of music do you like?" she ask changing the subject.
i only follow suit because i didn't want to get much into my life either. "i like the knocks, twenty one pilots, the neighbourhood, arctic monkeys, the 1975, stuff like that.."

freya nods. "i'm more of a soul and r&b type of girl."

"are you saying you don't like my bands?" i ask playfully offended.

"they're iight." freya makes a face that makes her nose scrunch up and her eyes squint. damn, she's beautiful.

"wow.." i respond speechless.

freya giggles lightly but talks. "no, seriously i love artists like erykah badu, amy winehouse, lauryn hill, jill scott, whitney, all of that."

i watch as she explains her interest and my admiration for her sinks deeper. the way her arms moves while she talks and her voice becomes excited.

"it's just really calming, you know?" she looks at me and making me snap back in time. "i mean.. i like alternative too."

"oh, so my bands really aren't that bad." one of my eyebrows goes up as i look at her from the side of my eyes.

"nah.. they're great." she smiles widely.