Chapter TWENTY TWO

Chapter 22

Gemma awakened. She blinked her eyes, collecting her conciousness. It was a dream. She was at the Signal Iduna, watching BVB's match and Marco stared at her from the pitch. Eventhough it was just a dream but it seemed so real. It was like a dejavu. Gemma sighed as she changed her lying position. Maybe it was affect from the histeria at Signal Iduna last night. Last night might become an unforgetable moment for her and for could be for everyone too. All that moments, all that things, made her dilemma. She started to love football, she loved BVB, and basically she loved to be there among them, and being Jürgen Klopp's assistant. But now the problem was she still wasn't ready to meet them after the Oktoberfest incident. It was really embarassing.

For her, it wasn't just a usual thing like what Marco said to her. She couldn't make it so simple. Sometimes she even didn't understand, why she couldn't let it happened and forget it like it never happened.

Gemma closed her eyes, her mind flashed back to a few years ago. That time, she was still 14 years old and she was still in the junior high school. That things, that pain which changed her life. For many times she always think that it would be best if she never recalled it again, but she couldn't. And everytime she recalled it, her heart hurted again. Gemma held her breath for a moment when her tears fell down without needed her asking. Many years passed, looking for a new life, escaping from Manchester, apparantly it didn't enough to make her forget it. Or, maybe she wouldn't be able to forget it for entire of her life.

Her reverie broke when suddenly the door bell rang, bringing her back to the present. She surprised and opened her eyes immediately. 'Damn it.. It was still early morning,' she mumbled at herself as she walked towards the door.

'Marco? What the hell was he doing here?' Another surprised she had when she peeked through the small hole on the door and saw Marco was there. She stayed silent and didn't do anything. She started to feel that her heart beat faster. Why Marco was there? What did he want?

"Wes..," Marco called from outside, knocking her door. "Wes.. I know you're inside, i know that you don't want me to be here but please open the door.. I think we need to talk," said Marco from behind the door.

Gemma pursed her lips as she stayed silent in front of the door. She was in highly doubt to open the door or not. Her hand moved slowly to touch the door handle, but she didn't do nothing with it. She just put her hand on it and came closer to the door, leaning her forehead on it.

"Wes..," Marco knocked again. But he still, there was no reaction from inside. Marco sighed. "Gemma, would you open the door please?"

Gemma? Gemma quite surprised to hear it. Her heart beat faster. It was the first time Marco call her name. He never called her name before and finally it made her yield.

"What do you want?" Gemma asked directly when she opened the door.

"May i come in first?" Asked Marco. Gemma stared at him for a moment. Without said a word, she moved her body slightly to make a way for Marco. "Thank you," said Marco as he got into her room.

The scent of lavender smelled when Marco entered her room. The soothing aroma. Marco stood, leaning on the wall, letting Gemma walked passing him. She sat on her messy bed as she tidied up the pillow and blanket. "Did i wake you up?" Asked Marco.

"Yes absolutely!!" Said Gemma directly, throwing the pillow roughly to the upper side of her bed. "Don't you think what time is it now? You really ruin my sleep!! What do you want?"

"Hey calm down, ok? Listen, tomorrow is Ilkay's birthday, he will held a small party at the restaurant. He wants you to come,"

"He invites me? Why he doesn't ask me by himself?" Asked Gemma curtly.

"He sent you message last night but it seems still pending, so he wants me to ask you," Said Marco as he took off his black pullover and put it on the chair backrest.

"I can't come. Tell him i'm sorry and happy birthday," she replied quickly without took it to consideration first.

Marco sighed. Like usual, Gemma always snapped at him, but lately it was gettig worst. He knew it was surely because of the oktoberfest but why she could be so angry for it? He couldn't understand. He didn't say nothing when the team, Ilkay, Kevin, Mats asked him about her. "Hey.. What happened to you? We all worry about you," said Marco responding her behavior.

"I'm ok, you can see by yourself," Gemma simply said as she turned on the flat tv by remote.

Marco chuckled at her words. "No.. If you're really ok, then why did you cry? I don't think that you're ok,"

"What? Who's crying? I'm not crying?" Gemma immediately replied, denying.

"Do you think i'm stupid? Your eyes are watery, your nose is red, your lips are chapped,"

"I told you that you woke me up, i still slept when you rang my bell," she groundless.

"Ok, i don't wanna force," Marco shrugged once.

"Thank you," Gemma said but not in friendly tones.

"You're welcome," Marco replied but Gemma seemed not care with it.

Gemma kept her eyes on the TV, watching the funny wipeout but she didn't laugh at all. She seemed just keep her eyes on TV but her mind was somewhere else. For a moment they let the silence filled their time. But Marco occasionaly laugh because of the Wipeout.

"Don't you feel that it's so boring to be here?" Asked Marco when the program was over.

"Really, maybe your life that boring," said Gemma as she switched the tv chanel again without showed any interest of Marco's words.

"What?" Marco turned his head to her. She was sitting on her bed, leaning her back on the wall, and seemed have no desire to do anything. "Come on, we will go," Marco said immediately and stood up.

"What?? No.. I don't wanna go anywhere," said Gemma, shaking her head without moved from her place.

"So you wanna spend your free day only in this 25 meterquares room? Are you kidding me?"

Gemma looked at him sharply with unhappy gaze. "Where you wanna go?" She asked, just wanted to know.

"Somewhere.. My favorite place,"

"No more Oktoberfest and beer?"

"No more, i promise,"

Gemma rose from her bed. She walked passing Marco to her wardrobe and chose her outfit for today. Jeans and long sleeve shirt were always be her favorite choice for this season, autumn. She went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, washed her face and gave a little bit natural touch up to her face. She had just realized that Marco had just saw her in her mess condition, just woke up, wore her sleepwear, plus she was been crying. Oh my god, maybe outside the bathroom, Marco was laughing at her appearance. Ok, say what you wanna say, Reus. I definetely will kick you out from here, she said in her heart.

But apparantly she thought too much. Marco didn't say anything about her appearance in pajamas and her crumpled face. When Gemma got out from the bathroom, Marco was ready to go. He already wore his jacket and shoes again. "Hey, don't use your boots, use your snakers," said Marco when Gemma was about to wear her boots.

Gemma was about to protest but Marco directly went out from her room. So she could just grumble but she followed his words to wear sneakers.

"What we will doing here?" Asked Gemma when Marco stopped at the Bus stop, where she took a bus to go to the Brackel everyday.

"We will take a bus today," said Marco as he stared at the schedule board on the bus stop.

"What? Why you don't use your car or your lazy scooter again," she surprised by hearing her answer.

"I'm not in the mood to drive. So we will take the bus and train today,"

"Train??" Gemma frowned. At the same time, the bus came. Marco got first into the bus. He gave some Euros to pay the ticket to the driver and told him his destination, train station. "Where will we going exactly?" Asked Gemma again as she followed him walked passing the seat rows.

Marco smiled widely as he stopped at one row of the seat. "Bottrop,"

"What??" Bottrop?? Come on, you're kidding me!!