Chapter EIGHT

Gemma stood in front of the hall where the BVB players would held a press conference and fans greeting. Jürgen Klopp asked her to help the team preparation for those two events. Gemma checked her watch, just 30 minutes left before the press conference began but they hadn't come yet.

Not every players came to the press conference today. According to their schedule, except Jürgen Klopp as the coach, the players who would attend the conference today was Mats Hummels and Marco Reus. And then Mario Götze, Ilkay gündogan, and four another players would join them for the fans greeting after conference.

Gemma decided to go towards the restaurant where the team was having breakfast now. But she met Jürgen Klopp who was together with Marco and Mats in her way.

Gemma followed them, walking back to the hall where the reporter, cameramen, and photographer were already gathered, waiting for the conference began. Jürgen Klopp talked with someone who Gemma believe he was the host for today. Mats walked behind his coach while sometimes he joined them in conversation. And Marco, he walked alone, seemed busy with his phone and music which he heard by his headphone.

Marco turned his head when Gemma tapped his shoulder. "How are you today?" Asked Gemma. But Marco couldn't hear her because the loud volume of his music.

"What?" Asked Marco as he put down his head headphone, draping it on his neck.

"How are you today? Feel better?" Asked Gemma repeating her question before.

"Why i have to feel better? I'm fine," said Marco with his indifference. He turned his head again, putting his headphone on his ear again as he kept walking following his coach and Mats.

Gemma made her step faster and walked beside him. She ran her hand to touch Marco's forehead.

"What are you doing?" Asked Marco directly, removing her hand from his forehead.

"Your body still warm, Marco," said Gemma according to what she felt.

"What do you care? Don't interfere," Marco said warning her with a bit loud voice. But she was right, Marco still felt unhealthy. His headache was more worse than yesterday although he already took an aspirin last night.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Asked Mats as he turned his head to see Marco and Gemma.

"No.. Nothing," Marco lied, forcing himself to smile.

Mats glanced at Gemma for a while, made sure that everything was okay, since he knew that Marco and Gemma were often doing an unnecessary fighting. Gemma shrugged her shoulder once. And Mats turned his head again.

"Marco..," she was about to talk but Marco cut her.

"Don't talk about this to anyone," said him.

"But why? It's not good for your body," Gemma demanded. She made her voice lower than before so Mats or Herr Klopp couldn't hear her.

Marco sighed loudly, starting to feel a bit upset with her question, but she was right. He moved his head more closer to her, "i really wanna play tonight. So please can you just fucking shut up?"

"Why are you really rough with your sentence?"

"I always say whatever i wanna say," Marco simply said.

"That's mean you always say the bad things,"

"Bad things? Maybe you have to learn more German, blondy,"

"What?" They stopped when they were already in front of the convention room.

"Because your accent is too weird for me," said Marco as he put his headphone to Gemma's ear and his phone to her hand. Then he walked into the hall, sitting on seat of the long table with 4 microphones.

Gemma stood behind the door, she could watching them in the conference. Marco's headphone was still on her ear, she could hear the song Marco played, it was Justin Bieber. Gemma giggled at herself. How could a guy like Marco listened to Justin Bieber's song before the press conference and fans greeting.

Ten minutes the conference held and now was the time for the fans greeting. The other players who would do fans greeting got inside the room, and the guard started to open the door. The fans of bvb got into the room. One by one they came to the long table where the players would give their autograph.

Marco rubbed his sweat on his forehead. He looked for the long queue at the door and hoped that the fans greeting would be ended soon. His headache came again, maybe because of the flash light from the camera or because of the many people who came.

He stretched his head, pulling it to behind. With this condition, he afraid that his coach would find out before the game and he would be stay on the bench. And with this condition, he also didn't sure that he could play for the whole game.

"Marco, are you okay?" A little voice surprised him, made he consentrate again to the greeting.

A little guy stood in front of him, he brought Marco's jersey and he was staring at him with worried face. "Ya.. I'm just feel a little bit tired," said Marco.

"You have to take a rest before the game. I want you to make a goal," said the little kid, showing his innocent face.

Marco smiled, "who is your name?" Asked him, resting his chin on top of his fist on the table.

"Oliver,"

"Okay Oliver, i wanna do my best today, i promise," said Marco as he put his autograph on the jersey Oliver brought.

"Thank you," said Oliver when Marco had done his signature. He was about to go but Marco call him.

"Hey hey wait," Called Marco as he released the scarft he wore on his neck. He put his scarft to Oliver's neck. "It's for you.. Thank's to cheer me up," said Marco as he tied the scarft on the boy's neck.

Oliver became really happy for Marco's gift. He thanked to Marco once again and ran to the outside, telling his friends what he got from his idol.

Gemma watched Oliver's reaction after he got a scarf from Marco from the place where she was standing. Then she switched her gaze to see Marco. She smiled as she recalled what she had just seen. The moment before between Marco and his fans was really sweet. She never thought that Marco could do that thing. Maybe she was wrong, Marco Reus was not too bad as a guy.