"Basically... Yeah?" He replies looking at me with a slight smile.

His eyes were beautiful, dark and mysterious, much like him.

" Lets just say I like to argue as well" I smiled.

" I can tell" he chuckles " are you coming on the mission with us" he says casually. Wow have we stopped fighting now? Were we going to have a normal discussion?

" Well yes, only if you think I'm trained enough of course" I smirk, earning a smirk from Alec.

" We will have to see newbie" he winked walking back over to his arrows, which he was putting runes on.

I put my headphone back in my ear before turning to grab a bow for myself, it was the best weapon in my opinion. Then a couple of arrows in their quiver with a few daggers. And of course a Seraph blade. I attached all the weapons to my belt then headed over to the table where Alec was to rune my own arrows.

R U Mine? By The Arctic Monkeys was now playing and I automatically was moving my head to the beat, whilst using my Stele to mark the arrows.

Then suddenly my music vanished, my headphone had been pulled out my ears. What the??... I glance up at Alec only to see a mischievous grin spread across his face.

" Why did you do that you turnip ?!" I whined, grabbing my phone to stop the music.

" Turnip? Really?" Alec doubled over laughing.

" Your such an ass " I say just loud enough for him to hear.

" Your such a baby" he says back grinning.

" Butthead" I challenge as i raise my eyebrow.

"Slobbery slug" he smirks.

"Flee ridden rat" I say grinning. Then he realized I had a bow in my hand.

" You shoot?" He asked, looking generally interested.

" Changing the subject but yes, I shoot" I say looking down at the bow. It was a beautiful bow with a sleek silver finish.

I look up only to catch him smiling at me.

" I think we should train together sometime" he suggested.

" Sure" I shrug.

"There you two are!" Izzy shouts from behind me. I turn to see her motioning for us to follow her. I sigh.

" Time to go"

*****************

Alec's Pov

" Okay everyone move into position" Jace says in a whisper as we all split up.

I crouched down, avoiding the eye line of the Shapeshifter. Glancing around I spot Hayley, she was running along the roof tops, bow in hand.

I turn to see Jace just across the street, looking straight at me. He signalled with hand movements that we were now following the demon.

Pulling up my sleeve I quickly draw a invisibility rune, mundanes would just complicate the situation. Me and Jace moved in sync from our hiding spots, walking slowly behind the Shapeshifter.

Izzy falls gracefully from the roof of a small shop. Joining the formation. The soundless footsteps concealed our presence.

As we approached an arch way I see sudden flash of movement. Hayley...

Out of nowhere she dropped to the ground in front of the demon, startling it. It quickly turned, looking for an escape route, only to be disappointed to discover they were trapped.