Chapter 28

Erza gritted her teeth at the foe that stood before her. Her hand twitched when she felt something hit it. She looked down and saw a drop of blood. She stared as more blood fell down from her head to her hand.

She got to a knee and dug her sword into the ground to help herself up. She wobbled for a moment but soon stood tall in front of her enemy. Raising her sword towards them she spoke out. "Once I defeat you you'll answer all of my questions!" Her words echoed out throughout where she was. Her enemy simply stood there waiting for her to make a move.

Erza's grip tightened on the hilt of her sword and she charged her opponent.

...

Natsu arrived at the train station, he checked his ticket one last time, making sure he was going to the right place.

The person who sold Natsu the ticket told him that trains don't go straight to the small town that he's looking for. So, Natsu got a ticket to the closest town.

Natsu stared at his ticket as he waited for the train to pull up into the station. "Croaten...?" Natsu scratched at his head. "Is that how it's pronounced?" Natsu looked up as he heard a high screeching sound coming towards him.

It wasn't until the giant hunk of metal stopped in front of Natsu that dread set in. "My motion sickness..." Natsu said in fear.

The doors opened and many people passed him by as they entered the train. It didn't take long before he was the last one left.

Natsu gulped. "I... I can do this..." He took a slow step forward. "I can do this..." He took another step but stopped halfway.

"I... I..."

"Natsu? Are you going to get on or not?" Natsu turned his head. Standing there with her hands on her hips was Mavis.

"Mavis?" He said in a confused tone. She nodded. "Yes?" She asked.

"N- Nothing. I'm just surprised to see you again after the disappearing act you pulled earlier." He said with a frown.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I had some business to attend to." She said to the side. "What kind of business does a spirit need to do?" He asked.

She only shrugged and walked forward towards the entrance of the train. "You coming?" She asked. Natsu hesitated.

Mavis tilted her head. "What's the matter?" She asked confused. Natsu returned the same confused look. "Mavis, don't you remember? I'm a Dragonslayer so I get motion sickness very easily."

Mavis' eyes became wide, but only for a moment. She laughed it off. "Oh, right. Silly me, I can't believe I forgot that."

"Yeah... I can't either..." Natsu said raising an eyebrow. Mavis gestured to Natsu. "Go ahead and come on." She said. "But what about my motion sickness?" He asked. She waved him off. "Just trust me, okay?"

Natsu sighed and stepped onto the train, handing his ticket to the conductor who was standing off to the side.

He continued to walk until he heard a mans voice behind him. He turned and was taken off guard when the conductor put his arm out in front of Mavis.

Natsu walked over to them. "Sir, what seems to be the problem?" He asked. He turned to Natsu and looked back at Mavis. "She hasn't given me her ticket yet."

Natsu looked at Mavis. "She? How can you?" He was going to continue but was cut off by Mavis reaching into her pocket. "Here, I almost forgot about it." She said, handing the man her ticket.