Chapter 22

The two said nothing to each other, Natsu stared at Erza and she glared back at him. The rest of the guild had their eyes on the two mages, trying to decipher how long Natsu would be in the hospital.

Natsu took a deep breath, the thought of everything that was riding on this one moment. He was having trouble coming up with something different to say than before that is if he remembered what he originally said to her. All he remembered was that they made a bet together.

'There's bound to be something that I can do... I'm pretty sure still had feelings for me at this point in time.' Natsu gulped. 'Might as well give this idea a try.'

Natsu stood up and brushed himself off. Bowing to Erza he said elegantly "I am sorry for fighting in the guild and destroying your favorite desert, truly I am." Needless to say the entire guild, Erza included were speechless.

Little did they know of the laughter that the Dragonslayer was desperately trying to hold back. Lucky for him his face was towards the ground. Since no one else spoke Natsu thought it best to continue. He stopped bowing and looked Erza in the eye. "If you would like we can go out sometime and I can get you the best strawberry cheesecake that money can buy." He gave her a soft smile and emphasized the word "go out".

The guild was even more shocked, some had their mouths agape, and others began speaking to each other quietly.

"Di- Did he just ask Erza out on a date after wrecking her desert?" Gray whispered to Cana.

"That's what it sounded like to me." She whispered back

Erza blinked before what Natsu had actually said to her set in with her. When she finally realized what his promise of cake meant she felt her cheeks flare up slightly.

Natsu was laughing hysterically on the inside. 'Now this is the Erza that I fell in love with. Nice to see her like this again.'

It took a moment but Erza spoke up after clearing her mind. Her face turned serious as she addressed Natsu's proposition. "Alright Natsu, I will not punish you for what you did."

"EH!?" The entire guild said together.

"And... I accept your offer." Her voice getter quieter as she spoke.

"EHHH!???!?!" Now she had done it. The entire guild was in chaos now, members were throwing chairs, tables, punches, you name it, and if it was throw able then it was being thrown.

The only thing you could hear through all the commotion were the loud sobs of Makarov, not from the guild being destroyed but from one of his children beginning to grow up.

Through all this Natsu simply smiled at Erza, causing her cheeks to flare up once more. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then, how does two o'clock sound?" He asked

"Wha- I... I- Yes that sounds fine." Erza said, her words being tangled as she spoke.

"Then it's a date." He said nonchalantly.

The rest of the guild became even more crazy at the Dragon slayer's forwardness.

Gray held his head and yelled. "This can't be happening!"

"That freaking Salamander bastard got a date before I did!" Gajeel joined in with Gray.

Natsu looked around and finally let out a small chuckle. Looking over to Erza he gave her one last smile. "See you tomorrow." He walked past the re-quip mage and left the guild feeling proud of himself.

"That went pretty well I must say." He said to himself.

"Well is not the word I would use to describe what just happened in there." An annoyed voice said to him.

Natsu opened his eyes and almost jumped out of his skin. Lucy stood in front of him, her hands on her hips.

Natsu walked over to her slowly and touched her arm. Lucy looked down at his hand and then back at him in a confused manner. "Natsu what are you doing?"

"You're not an illusion this time..." He smiled bringing the blonde girl in his arms. "I'm so happy."

"Na- Natsu? What's going on? This isn't like you." She said, reluctantly returning the hug.

Natsu released her from his hug and shook his head. "It's nothing that you need to worry about, everything is alright."

Lucy gave him a suspicious look but couldn't help but smile once he began smiling.

"Hey Natsu, do you mind if we talk for a while? There's something I need to talk to you about." Lucy said, tugging on his sleeve.

Natsu glanced back at the guild and then at Lucy. 'Should I? Could this possibly set something off if I do this? Gah! I hate having to think things through!' Natsu thought to himself.

Natsu nodded to her and she began leading him off through the town. Passing by many different shops and restaurants that they made no stops at.

Natsu was getting bored as she continued to drag him along, not knowing where she wanted to take him. What's more is that the sun was beginning to set on them.

Finally after sometime of walking Lucy had brought Natsu out of the city and into the forest. Soon after the two were now up on a hill that overlooked a vast ocean.

Natsu stood a few feet away from Lucy who had her back turned to him as she gazed out to the ocean.

The two stood there for a while before Natsu decided to speak up, his mind jumping to the only thing that he could think that she would drag him out here for.

"Lucy... Look... I know why you brought me out here and the answer is no... I can't be with you." He waited for a response but none came. He continued on. "I have an obligation to Erza that you couldn't possibly understand. And if I were to be with you... Then I would be failing..."

Once again he looked for a response from Lucy, but again none came. He was getting worried and made his way to her. Resting his hand on her shoulder he spoke once more. "Lucy, are you alright?

"My spirits don't lie, Natsu..." She said coldly.

Natsu had a confused look on his face. "What? Your spirits don't lie? What's that supposed to mean?"

"What I mean is... They aren't affected by magic in this world while in their respective world..." She looked down. "They were revived... But they retained their memories... Unlike everyone else here... In this timeline..."

Natsu removed his hand from Lucy's shoulder and took a step back. "Lucy? What are you talking about?" He tried to play it off.

"Natsu, I don't know what happened or what caused you and Erza to do such terrible things in the previous timeline. But I'm telling you right now... If I start to see anything out of line... If there is one slip up... I will get the magic council to deal with you two..." She said nothing else and began walking, leaving Natsu behind.

The Dragonslayer had nothing left to say, he only made his way through the forest and back to his house. Everything Lucy said stuck in his mind and making his resolve even stronger.

There was no way he was going to fail in his mission to right all the wrongs that the future held.

A/N Bet you didn't expect such an early update now did you? I had some ideas and I decided to use them and get this chapter out. I hope you enjoyed it, thank you for reading!