Chapter 25

Natsu tried to get Erza to release him from her grip but despite his protests she wouldn't let him go as she brought him out of the restaurant.

"Erza, let me go." He told her.

She said nothing and with even more force brought him to an alleyway that was far away from any bystanders. It was at this point that she threw Natsu with as much force as possible into the alleyway.

He went through the air and slammed into the ground. Letting out a small yelp of pain. He got to his knees and rubbed his head. Looking up he saw Erza walking over to him with an angry look on her face.

"What's your problem Erza?!" He yelled but instead of her responding back with her words she only brought her hand across his face. The hit left a red mark and Natsu placed his hand over it.

"Geez Erza will you calm down?!" He tried to stand but she knocked him back down. Placing her foot over his chest she kept him in place, not allowing him to get up.

"You're going to answer my questions Natsu, and you're going to be completely honest with me. And if you aren't then I promise you, I will beat you up so badly that you won't be able to walk for a week. Got it?!" Her eyes bore into Natsu's. His solid stern face lost against hers and he backed down and conceded.

"Fine... Ask your questions." He said solemnly.

She held up a finger. "First question, why did you dress up today?"

"Oh come on Erza you can't be ser-" His face was met with the end of a sword that Erza had conjured. He gritted his teeth and didn't make eye contact. "I thought that I should dress up for you."

"Is that all?" She pressed on.

"Yes." He said simply.

She shot a second finger up. "Second question, why did you threaten a bakery just to make sure that we could have reservations?"

He still didn't make eye contact. "You know me Erza, I make threats I don't mean all the time to get what I need."

She pressed her foot down harder on Natsu's chest. He flinched and sighed. "I knew that you would more than likely enjoy that bakery the most... So I did what had to be done..."

"Good." A third finger shot up. "Third and last question. And I swear Natsu, I don't care if you don't want to answer it you're going to. What happened to you while we were sitting at the table? Why did you suddenly get all depressing?"

Natsu said nothing. "Well?" She said, now growing impatient.

He still said nothing. Erza's face hardened even further. Natsu still wouldn't look at her, and this hurt Erza in a way that she couldn't explain.

Natsu had expected her to hit him again or hurt him like she promised but she never did. She only let out a forlorn sigh and lifted her foot off of his chest.

Natsu finally looked at her and she looked sad. Like someone had told her that her pet was just killed or something like that. He stood up and tried to ask her what was wrong but was only met with a small container that came from the bakery.

She shoved it into his arms and she marched off only saying the words. "Thanks for the dessert." Leaving Natsu in the alleyway.

He watched her turn the corner and allowed her to go far enough to where she wouldn't hear what he was about to say.

When he decided that she was far enough away he instantly threw the small container against the wall, letting the now cold dessert splatter against it.

He yelled out in anger. Fire spewing from his mouth as he yelled towards the sky. "Dammit, dammit, dammit!!" He stopped spewing fire and began smashing his fists against the wall in front of himself.