Chapter 1

The guild was oddly calm and Erza sat at the bar eating some strawberry cake. It would probably be the only time she'd be able to enjoy it in peace.

She chewed it savoring every bite that she took. "I need to thank Mira for this... *gulp* this is the best one yet."

She eyed the cake with stars in her eyes. She raised her fork, ready to take another bite from her cake.

Suddenly a loud crash in the guild broke her concentration.

She turned around in her seat to see the salmon haired dragonslayer rubbing Gray's face into a table. "Hahaha! How do you like that ice princess!?"

Gray took a hold of Natsu's arms and reversed their positions. "I don't know how about you tell me flame brain!"

Erza sighed to herself and turned her attention back towards her cake. "Where was I?" She said with a slight giggle.

Her glee was soon ended as Natsu slid across the bar taking Erza's cake with him.

Natsu fell to the floor and squashed the cake and rubbed his head cursing Gray's name. Little did Natsu know the evil presence looming over him.

He stopped and looked up and began trembling as he watched Erza giving him a death glare.

"Natsu... you have destroyed my cake... now how will you repay this debt..." She said with a dark aura surrounding her.

Natsu fumbled over his words. "I- I- I'm sorry Erza, i- I didn't mean to squash your cake. I promise not to fight with anyone anymore."

She examined Natsu. "Not fight with anyone? You couldn't last a week without getting into a fight Natsu."

Natsu stood up and took a napkin from the bar and wiped the cake from his vest. "I bet you I could Erza."

Erza switched tones and raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Okay Natsu how about we make a bet then?" Erza asked.

Natsu looked at Erza. "What do you mean a bet?"

She grinned at him. "Exactly what I said."

"Okay... Well what kind of bet do you have in mind?" Natsu asked.

"You already gave us the bet guidelines. You are not allowed to get into a fight with anyone in the guild, this will last for a week."

Natsu looked suspiciously at Erza. "Alright... Well what happens if I lose?"

Erza got a gleam in her eye. "If you fail to stay passive until the end of the week you will have to be my butler for a month. Calling me master and coming over to Fairy hills everyday and taking care of anything I need."

Natsu jumped back in surprise. " What!? You can't be serious!"

Erza chuckled. "Of course I'm serious. So do we have a deal?"

"What? Of course we don't. I don't even get anything in return if I prove you wrong." He said getting in her face.

She stared at him and gave him a scary look. This caused Natsu to fall back to the ground. Erza let out a sigh. "Fine... if you somehow manage to pull it off then I'll be your maid for a month. How does that sound?"

Natsu mulled it over and stuck his hand out. "Fine you've got yourself a deal."

Erza shook Natsu's hand and snickered. "Hope you're prepared to lose Natsu. You and I both know that there is no way you can go that long without getting into a brawl."

Erza walked off chuckling to herself and left Natsu there on the floor.

Natsu let his hair fall over his face. "Why am I so dumb... I know I can't not fight anyone... this sucks."

And then a white haired girl walked up behind Natsu and placed her hands on his shoulders.

Natsu tensed up for a moment but calmed down as he realized that it was just Mirajane.

"Natsu you have to be more careful when it comes to betting, you know she's stacked the odds in her favor right?" Mira said.

"I know that but I just want to prove her wrong and win this bet really bad..." He said grimly.

Mirajane giggled from behind him. "Oh does someone want a beautiful maid to take care of him?"

Natsu turned around and blushed. "What? No of course not."

"Then why so adamant about winning?" Mira pried.

"So I can beat Erza a something, I'm always too afraid to fight her and even if I work up the courage she beats me anyway..."

Mira stood up and ruffled Natsu's hair. "I'm sure you'll do fine, you have the heart to win. Erza just has impure reasons to win this bet."

Natsu tilted his head and looked at Mira. "What do you mean? "Impure reasons"?"

Mira giggled again and went behind the bar and began to wipe it down. "Nothing, nothing at all."

"Whatever~" Natsu rose to his feet and stretched his arms out. "I think it's time for me to head home."

A/N So first chapter was a little slow in terms of story progression but I promise that things will pick up later. So thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at my favorite non-cannon Fairy tail ship.