Chapter 23

Natsu lay in bed, the creeping feeling of paranoia of the day to come. "If I end up messing this all up I won't be able to even try again for at least a month... If trying again is even possible..."

He sighed. "It was a few days before the end of the month before... Before I killed Jellal... If I can at least make it until then I should be able to get help if I need it."

Light began shining through the window, Natsu squinted and looked away. "Well, I should probably get up and at it." He sat up in his bed and threw the his blanket off of himself.

Letting out a yawn he left his bed and went over to his bathroom. "Shower, then breakfast." Entering his bathroom he stretched his arms out. "Time to start the day."

~ At Fairy hills ~

Erza was already up and had prepared herself completely. Shower, makeup, the whole nine yards.

She beamed at herself in the mirror, a sparkle in her eye. Her smile left her face and was replaced by a confused look. "Wait... I won't have to meet Natsu until two but..." She glanced over at her clock. It read the time "7:30 Am"

She groaned. "Why would I do this to myself so early in the morning?" She took another look at herself in the mirror. "I do have to admit, I look pretty good in this new dress that I bought."

She looked out her window and smiled. "I've got a few hours to kill..." She stopped for a moment, the word resonating with her for whatever reason. "That's weird... It's probably nothing." Her grin came back and she left her room, now looking for something to do in her spare time.

~ Natsu's house ~

Natsu checked out his clothes that he had put on after his shower. "I think this is good enough. I hate wearing things other than my vest but this should do."

Soon after he received a knock on his door. The only person he was expecting today was Erza and it seemed a bit too early for her to be here.

When he got to his door and opened it up and was surprised to say the least.

Outside of his house was one person. Gray... His face paled for a moment, the deeds that he did in the past to his friend began rushing back to him. "H- Hey Gray, what are you doing here?" He asked.

The raven haired man pushed himself inside of the house and past Natsu. He took a look around and began searching. "U- Uh, Gray? What are you doing?"

"Dammit, where is it!?" Gray yelled over to himself as he threw random things out of the cabinet that he was raiding.

Natsu closed the door behind himself and walked over to Gray. "Gray... I would appreciate it if you wouldn't trash my house..." Natsu said in the nicest way possible.

Gray stopped for a moment before going back to what he was doing. Natsu grabbed Gray's arm. "Stop" He said sharply.

Gray looked up from his work and to Natsu. "Let go."

"No."

"Let go..."

"Tell me what you're trying to do and maybe I'll consider it."

Gray stood up and pushed Natsu off of himself, knocking up into a dresser. "Wha- What the hell man!?" Natsu yelled his voice getting louder.

Gray pointed a finger at Natsu. "Tell me what you did to Erza!"

Natsu have Gray a confused look and picked himself up. Standing up straight. "What I did to Erza...? What are you..."

"I know you did something! What was it!? Charm spell? Infatuation potion? What was it!?" He said in anger, getting into Natsu's face.

Natsu clenched his jaw. "I didn't do anything, Gray, all I did was ask her if I could make up for destroying her cake. Which by the way you had a part in!"

Gray grabbed Natsu's shirt collar. "Then why are you dressing up?! You never dress up unless you're forced to! Obviously you have some sort of plan!"

Natsu smacked Gray's hand away and pushed him back. "I don't have any plan! So what if I want to dress differently for the day, what's it to you anyway!?"

Gray grabbed Natsu once again and shoved him against a wall. "Because I don't want you manipulating her! She's like a sister to me, hell I thought she was like a sister to you! And you're trying to take advantage of her! So tell me now, what did you do to her!?"

"Get the hell off of me!" Natsu shoved Gray off of him, falling to the floor Natsu now stood over him, anger apparent on his face.

Gray was about to open his mouth before Natsu put a foot on his chest. "Keep your mouth shut, Gray. Now, I'm telling you the truth when I say I didn't do anything to Erza. And I'm hurt that you would even think that I would take advantage of her. You've known me long enough to know that I'm not like that."

Gray looked at Natsu and soon lost the anger he had and looked to the side in embarrassment. Natsu took his foot off of him and extended a hand out.

Without looking Gray took his friend's hand and allowed himself to be helped up. "Look I was just as surprised as you were when she agreed to my terms."

Gray stayed silent for a moment, taking a seat on Natsu's bed. "Okay... Then can you at least tell me why you're dressing up?" Gray said lowly. "That's pretty simple actually." Natsu started.

"Natsu... Tell me the truth, don't lie to me... Do you like Erza?" Gray said bluntly.

Natsu closed his eyes, his cheeks having a slight hue of pink to them. Staying silent for a few seconds he finally spoke. "If you want my honest answer then the answer is yes, Gray. I like Erza."

Natsu half expected Gray to get up right then and there and start throwing punches. Surprisingly he only got up and walked past him, patting Natsu on the shoulder as he did.

"Good luck then... Natsu..." Gray opened Natsu's door and let himself out. Natsu was speechless, not understanding his friends actions.

He gulped and opened the door, hoping to catch Gray. Yelling out to the now disappearing ice make mage. "Gray! I know I'm not the only one of us who's crushing on someone else! You should be honest with that special someone too!"

Gray froze where he stood, looking back to Natsu he gave Gray a smile, Gray returned it and nodded. Leaving through the woods.

Natsu smiled and closed his door. "That went a bit better than expected." Letting out a sigh of relief he checked the time. "Twelve o'clock huh? I guess I should get going then."

A/N Thanks for reading everyone, I appreciate it. I hope this chapter was up to par, I looked through my head so much for different ways to go about writing this chapter and I think it turned out nicely wouldn't you say? Anyways, thanks again everyone!