Chapter 24

Natsu strolled through Magnolia. Excited for a normal date with Erza, he didn't forget what his mission was however. Avoid murder and get The girl.

Natsu frowned at his own thoughts. "Geez, since when did I think such cliche things?" Memories of him making basically the same friendship speech to every villain he had faced ran through his mind. A larger frown set in on his face. "Why does my brain torment me like this?"

Natsu sighed and continued to make his way through Magnolia. He passed by a fancy looking cake bakery and pulled out a notepad, writing down the location and the name of the shop. He shoved the notepad back into his pocket and marched onwards.

Throughout his walk he made note of various places that he and Erza could go once they got her cake, that is if she even wanted to continue their "date" after that.

Very quickly Natsu found himself in front of Fairy hills. He looked down at his clothes, adjusting them slightly to make sure that looked as perfect as possible.

When he had finished adjusting them he heard what sounded like a bit of a fight going on from within the establishment. It didn't take long for color to drain from Natsu's face when the worst came to mind.

In his mind Erza was storming through Fairy hills with a hatchet or something, murdering every single last patron of the place. Needless to say the thought didn't set well with Natsu.

He worked up the courage and moved to the door of the place as quick as possible and was about to open it. Just as he was going to grab the handle the door was swung open, knocking Natsu to the ground.

Before he could look up to see who had opened the door he felt something crash onto him, knocking the wind out of him. He gasped for air and looking up as he did he saw Mirajane at the door waving goodbye to Natsu as she closed the door.

He looked at her with confusion on his face until he looked down. The thing that had made him almost die from choking on his own breath was none other than his date, Erza.

She was dressed in a beautiful black and red dress that made almost forget to breathe. Erza was laying down on Natsu's chest and she rubbed her head as she cursed Mirajane for shoving her out of Fairy hills.

When she stopped ranting to herself she realized what she was laying on. Natsu was staring down at her and waved with a smile. She turned beat red and quickly got off of him, dusting herself off as she did.

Natsu stood up and Erza immediately began apologizing. "I'm so, so sorry for that Natsu. You know how Mira can be, very pushy that one." Natsu waved a hand at her. "No, sweat." Natsu stared at her dress once more. "And it's also nice to see that I'm also the only one who decided to dress of for this."

She took a glance over at Natsu and noticed the clothes he was wearing. In her mind he would never give up his normal attire for any situation, no matter what. So when she saw him in an actually handsome looking get up she was shocked to say the least.

She smiled at Natsu. "I guess we were both thinking the same thing then."

He smiled back to her. "I guess we were." He tilted his head to signal that they should get going. Erza nodded and followed Natsu who was now walking back in the direction of town.

The two walked for sometime before finally reaching town. Natsu had made sure he planned different things to talk about on the way there as to not make things awkward for their over ten minute walk.

Once they had reached the center of town Natsu scoped the area out and made sure he and Erza were in the right place. Seeing what looked like the bakery that had caught his eye on the way to Fairy hills he pulled out his notepad just to make sure.