Chapter 13

Gray shuddered at the look at Natsu was giving him. He shook it off and hardened his expression. "Natsu... You... Erza... Whoever it was... I don't care, how could you kill these people?! They were out friends!"

Natsu's eyes sank and he looked down. "Yeah... They are... Or were my friends..."

"What...?" Gray said, shocked.

Natsu looked up with a look of determination. "But I don't need them anymore! I have something far more important to protect! And if someone has to die then so be it!"

"So you killed them..." Gray said lowly. "How could you...?"

Natsu sighed and looked over to Erza who was now beginning to wake up. "I never said I did, but... I guess you could say that I didn't stop the murders from happening either."

Gray looked at Erza with a surprised look on his face. "So it was her."

Gray felt a something hard hit his stomach, he coughed up blood and looked down to see Natsu with his fist hitting him. "Yeah... It was her, but you won't be conscious long enough to remember it."

Gray took a step back and held his stomach. 'Good God... He's really serious... I have to fight him like I would an enemy or I won't have a chance.'

Gray composed himself and stood firm. "I guess this is our last battle Natsu." Gray said sadly.

Natsu moved into a fighting stance and slanted his eyes at Gray. "That's depeneds on whether you remember anything after I beat the shit out of you."

Erza opened her eyes and saw a blurry sight. A dark haired figure and a pink haired one stood next to her bed. She rubbed her eyes and her vision returned to its normal state. Just in time to see Natsu spear Gray through the door to their house.

The loudness of the crash was enough to wake her up completely. "W- What the hell is going on?" She asked herself as she got out of the bed.

She moved over to the door and peered out to see Natsu and Gray locked in battle.

"Gray you won't harm a hair on her head!" Yelled Natsu as he struck Gray in the cheek.

Gray brought himself back up and delivered a right hook to Natsu's chin and knocked him to the ground. "Natsu look at yourself! You're letting one person rule your life!"

Natsu looked up while holding his jaw. He tried to rise up but Gray put his foot down onto Natsu's chest.

"N- No!" Erza yelled to herself as she began to move but stopped when Gray began speaking again.

"Do you really think that's Erza? Do you really think that our Erza would hurt, no kill, all of those people?" He said to Natsu in a serious voice.

Natsu continued to look at Gray for a moment before looking down. Erza put her hand over her mouth and began sobbing as she fell back against the wall of the house.

"No this isn't our Erza..." Natsu said lowly. Erza's sobs became more heart wrenching. "She's my Erza." He said with a low growl in his voice.

Erza's eyes shot open and she looked around to see Natsu grabbing Gray's leg with his hand. "Natsu?" Gray said, but halfway through his words he began crying out in pain.

Lightning began shooting through Gray's body and his screams grew louder as Natsu moved out from under Gray's foot and took a hold of Gray's arm instead of his leg.

Gray had his eyes closed but had slowly began opening them to see Natsu's rage filled face. His body was pulled forwards and Natsu smashed his head against his own.

Natsu released his grip on Gray and he fell to the ground. He looked up and saw Natsu put his foot on his neck. Gray chocked out and grabbed at his leg.

"Any last words, old friend?" Natsu asked with a dead look in his eyes.

Gray called out and ice bursted from his body. Natsu jumped back and the ice encased Gray. Natsu was perplexed by this move towards the ice.

Soon after, the ice began to give off a dark aura and light came from the ice. Natsu covered his eyes and Erza did the same.

Before he had the chance to open them he felt a flurry of punches upon him. With the last punch he was sent flying, the only thing stopping his momentum was a tree that he hit. He opened his eyes and saw Gray.

Only... He looked different... His hair was slicked back and dark markings ran from his down his neck.

Gray put his hands out to his sides and chuckled. "Remember this form? This is the same one I used to fight you back at Avatar."

Gray sneered at Natsu. "And I would have moped the floor with you if I was using the full extent of my power. But, I guess I should show you instead of tell you."

Erza reached for her sword and was about to kill Gray right then and there but Natsu began chuckling instead.

This caught both Erza and Gray off guard. Natsu rose to his feet and crossed his arms. "Do you think you're the only one who got a new form after our one year of training?"

Gray looked scared as Natsu's magic energy spiked. Scales grew on Natsu's arms and parts of his face. His eyes became more dragon like, his nails became sharper and as did his teeth.

To top it all off the heat in the area intensified causing Gray to start sweating. "W- What is this? Dragon force?" Gray asked.

Natsu smirked. "You got that right." Natsu rushed Gray and Gray barely reacted but kicking in Natsu's direction. He had thought he connected with the kick but was shocked to now find Natsu behind him with an ignited fist aimed for his head.

His eyes widened and he gulped as he awaited the fist to hit him. The impact never came and Natsu's fist rested in front of him.

The fist lost it's flames and Natsu backed off and powered down. "There... Now you see what will happen if you cross me." Natsu said with a shortness of breath.

Natsu began falling but Erza rushed from the house and caught him before he fell, almost giving Gray a heart attack in the process.

Erza held him in her arms and he looked up at her and smiled. "Hey there. Did I worry you at all...?"

She smiled and placed her hand on his cheek. Shaking her head she said. "No... I knew you would be alright."

He laughed lightly. "You know, it's rare to see you in just that blouse and skirt."

She looked down and smiled. "Yeah, I thought it would be good to not wear armor as much anymore."

Erza looked over at Gray and glared. "If you try and hurt him again I'll-"

"Erza it's fine, he won't try to hurt us anymore, and he won't tell anyone either. Right Gray?" Natsu said, looking over to him.

Gray looked to the ground. Natsu took it as a yes. "See, let's go inside now." He said with a smile.

She nodded and helped him up. The two began their walk inside. That was until Natsu was frozen solid. Erza looked at him, shocked. "Natsu?! Gray I'm going t-" She was cut off by Gray sticking an sword of his creation into her stomach.

He pulled it out and she looked down at her hands, covered in blood. Her vision blurred and she fell to the ground.

"Sorry Erza... I am a Devil slayer after all..." Was the last thing he said.

A/N........ Thanks for reading.