Chapter 16

"You..." Natsu said as he rose to his feet. A look of anger coming over his face.

The person walked over to Natsu slowly their paces kicking the leaves that were falling from the trees. "I'm sorry Natsu, I've been watching you and Erza for the past few weeks and I thought you would sort things out yourselves but I guess not."

Natsu rubbed his bruised cheek and spat at the ground. "Why don't you remove that stupid hood aready Jellal."

The man brought his hands up to his hood and let the hood fall to his shoulders, reaviling his blue hair and semi-blank stare.

"I'm surprised that you knew it was me." Jellal said in a stoic tone.

"Tch, do you really think that I couldn't smell you?" Natsu glanced over at a tree a few yards away and looked back at Jellal. "Is she just going to stand behind that tree or is she going to help you?"

Jellal grinned and looked back to where Natsu had looked before and called out to the person. "Meldy, you should come out now."

From behind the tree came a pink haired gito who was at most sixteen or seventeen.

She looked over at Juvia who was now passed out against the tree. She knelt down to her and patted her head. "We'll take care of this, friend." Her expression hardened and she stood.

"Natsu, I'm sorry that's it has come to this." Meldy said, walking to Jellal's side.

Natsu moved into a fighting stance. Jellal put his hand out which surprised Natsu. "Natsu, don't do this. You're injured, there's little to no chance that you'll survive if you fight me, let alone Meldy as well."

Natsu only let out a laugh. "I'm not going to die here, and I think you're mistaken. I don't see you or Meldy standing in front of me."

"What are you..?" Jellal stopped.

"I only see two future corpeses taking up space." He said with a crazy look in his eyes.

Jellal looked down and shook his head. "You really have been changed Natsu. I'm sorry, but your life ends here."

"Try me..." Natsu said in a low growl.

Jellal readied himself and Meldy followed suit. "What? You aren't going to tell her "It's too dangerous here Meldy, you stay back?"" Natsu asked.

Jellal shook his head. "No, I am not. We aren't taking any chances so we're going to end this quickly."

Natsu stuffed his hands into his pockets and he traced his foot in the ground. "That's too bad..."

"Too bad?" Meldy repeated back.

"That means I'll have to take care of you first." Natsu said, pointing to Meldy.

"W- What, me?" Meldy asked pointing to herself.

Natsu slowly nodded with a grin plastered on his face. Jellal moved in front of Meldy and put his arms out. "You'll have to get through me first Natsu."

Natsu flashed a toothy smile and let out a laugh. "Those were the words that I was looking for."

Before any of the two mages could react Natsu had his hand sticking out of the other side of Jellal.

A look of pure agony took over his face as he looked down slowly. "Aw~ did I pierce a lung there? So sorry~" Natsu said in a teasing manner.

Jellal gritted his teeth and tried to hit Natsu with the last bit of his strength but failed as Natsu moved back and pulled his hand out, making Jellal howl in pain.

Meldy stood there shocked, sad, scared. Jellal fell to the ground and died on the ground. She fell to her knees and shook him slowly. "J- Jellal, wake up... You... You can't be dead..." Her tears began spilling over onto Jellal's cloak. "You promised me that you wouldn't leave me alone!" She cried out in between her sobs.

"Oh but you aren't alone little Meldy. I'm still here." She looked up at Natsu in anger. "You're a monster!" She yelled.

He grinned at the young girl. "You have one chance here..." He got close to her. "If Erza were around I know that she would want to try and raise you as our own."

He put his hand out to the girl but it was slapped away. "As if I would agree to that!"

Natsu stood and left the mage on the ground. "I guess I should end it then." Meldy tensed up and was surprisingly struck in the head by a kick.

Natsu sighed picked up the girl. "Let's see if that wipes your memory somewhat." He put her over his shoulder and looked at the two others in the area.

"Now... What to do with them..." He sat Meldy down against a tree and now loomed over Jellal's body. "I'll burn your body to ashes."

He built up power in his body and let out a strong torrent of flames, incinerating the body and burning it completely. He let out a sigh. "That takes care of that."

His gaze fell onto Juvia who was still asleep against a tree. "I think I'll have some fun with you..." He knelt down next to her as he placed his hand on her arm.

"Time to wake up." He said with an unatrual amount of sweetness in his voice. He applied pressure to the woman's arm until cracks were being heard coming from her body.

Juvia's eyes shot open and right after she began screaming in pain. Natsu moved away from her and grinned. "Nice of you to join me, Juvia." He said to her.

She held her arm and but her lip to try and ease the pain in anyway she could.

She continued to cater to her arm and paid no attention to the Dragon slayer in front of her, much to said Dragon Slayer's annoyance.

He walked up to Juvia, grabbing her head and slamming it against the tree. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you." He said, holding her by her hair.

She sniffed and nodded. "Good." He threw her back against the tree and walked away.

"For the next hour... You're going to be my little play thing." He said with a slight chuckle. Juvia continued to sob as she looked towards the ground.

A/N I had to cut this chapter a bit short this time around so sorry about that. I'll try and get what I wanted to write out by tonight if I can. I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway. Thanks for reading!