Chapter 27

Okay! It's been sometime since the last update huh? Well I've had my hands full this summer, between drivers ed, vacation, my birthday, and prepping for my senior year of high school I've had less time than expected. Good news is that I finally have a set idea of how I want to end this book. However, this chapter may be a little disappointing for some of you. This chapter probably won't tackle the Natsu and Erza situation directly just yet. Although, I am writing this note when I'm about... Let's say 60 or 70% percent done with this chapter so who knows. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Natsu's breathing was heavy as he was woken up by the unknown force. His eyes going every which way, until they landed on the person bending over to meet his face.

"Mavis?" He said in disbelief. His eyes met the blonde haired girls eyes. Her green eyes read something close to worried but not far from fear.

Natsu's eyes followed where hers were going until they landed on his throat. It was then that he made a horrific discovery. The nails of his hands were dug into his neck.

He hesitantly brought his hands away. What he saw on them made him uneasy. Spots of blood were splattered on his hands.

Natsu's hands began shaking and he was on the brink of going into hysteria.

"Natsu!" A nearby voice yelled to him, breaking him out of his fear. He looked back up at The girl who was still standing there.

"R- Right, Mavis." He took a breath and stood up. "How are you here? I thought you wouldn't be able to reconstruct yourself until at least a month had passed."

She crossed her arms and tapped her foot. "I'm just as confused as you are. However, that time limit is almost done."

Natsu stared at Mavis, his prying eyes making her explain herself. "It had already been a few days already since I told you that, and now..." She looked down. "It's been a little over a three days."

"T- three days?" Natsu said as reality set in. His gaze hardened towards Mavis. "No, that can't be right. You're lying."

Mavis was close to driving her point home before a grumbling noise filled the surrounding area. Natsu clenched his stomach.

"Jeez... Maybe it has been that long..." He said with a small pain in his voice. "Hey, you don't mind continuing this conversation while I go get something to eat, do you?"

Mavis' eyebrow twitched and she sighed. "Yeah, okay. Lead the way so we can figure out what's going on."

Her eyes fell once again on Natsu's neck as they began walking. "And I'm not just talking about myself reforming." Her eyes shot forward and she passed Natsu.

He stopped and brought his right hand up to his eyes. A surge of shame shot through him. "What's wrong with me...?" He said under his breath and continued to walk.

It wasn't even a few yards into their walk that Natsu came face to face with his burnt down house. He was about to question it before the memory of him burning it down came back to him.

He reached for the sleeve of Mavis' clothes to get her attention but to his surprise his hand went right through her. Mavis noticed and glanced back. "You really don't know a lot about me do you? I'm only a projection, it only makes sense that you wouldn't be able to actually touch me." She said simply.

Natsu wanted to say something but decided against it. Instead he pointed in the other direction that would lead back to town.

Mavis nodded in response and the two began their walk once again.

A few minutes later Mavis spoke up. "Mind telling me what happened to your home?"

"Yes." Natsu said sharply. Mavis turned her head to Natsu and he instantly backtracked. "I mean, yes, I do mind. I would prefer to not talk about it right now."