Part 34: It's Not What You Think!

So I don't think I've acknowledged that I have over 4k reads yet, so this is me acknowledging that. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Brian's POV

*Back in the bar*

Faith's boss looks like a total asshole. She's working her butt off and doing a damn good job of it, considering she's practically doing it all on her own while all these dudes keep grabbing at her ass and tits every three seconds, and all her boss can do is yell and berate her. But that's not all. No, he finds it necessary and completely okay to grab her shoulders, shake her, and then straight up slap her. Am I the only one to notice this?! Next he has her follow him out back, and it doesn't look like his intentions are any good, so I decide to follow him as well.

*Around 3 am*

When I wake up I don't recognize my surroundings at all. And it's really cold and dark. Slowly my eyes start to focus and I figure out that I'm outside, behind a building by some dumpsters. I feel really sore and exhausted, and my head is pounding, but to be honest I'm not sure if that's the alcohol's doing or if I hit my head. I manage to stand up and stumble around the side of the building, which turns out to be the bar. I don't remember anything passed following Faith and her boss out the door. That's really... strange. I wasn't that drunk, I should be able to remember shit. Nevertheless, I decide to try and call somebody; my first call being Sal. He doesn't answer, though. Granted, it is 3:07 am, but at the same time I'm pretty sure he has no idea where I've been for the past few hours. Wouldn't he kind of be worried and freaking out by now?

My next call goes to Joe, who does answer on the last ring. "Hey Joe, sorry for waking you."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" he sleepily scolds me.

"Gee, it's not like I've been missing for a few hours and don't remember why, thanks for the sympathy." His words actually really hurt. I didn't do anything wrong, I had left the bar because I thought Faith was in trouble. It's not like I was trying to fuck her or anything. In fact, I would've done the same thing if it were any other person in the whole bar.

"You don't remember leaving with Faith? How much did you fucking drink?! You should've seen Sal's face when he found out, he looked like he had his heart ripped outa his chest, you asshole!!" Okay, Joe is really pissed off, which everyone knows never happens.

"Joe, would you fucking calm down?!" I tell him everything I remember. "And I just woke up behind the bar. I have no memory passed leaving. There's a tear in my shirt and I feel really dirty and gross and I don't get why you guys didn't think something was up and come looking for me! Some friends you are!"

"...Adri told us you left with Faith. We assumed you were cheating on Sal. I'm... I'm sorry, I should've known better."

I sigh heavily. "Joe, I know I've messed up in the past... but I would never do that to him."

"I'm sorry. I'm on my way to come get you right now."

"Thanks." Twenty minutes later I see Joe pull up in his SUV and I hop in.

"Shit Q, you look terrible. You sure you don't remember what happened?"

"Yes, I'm sure. How... If Sal thinks I cheated on him..."

"He's not doing well. You should talk to him as soon as possible."

"Could you take me to his house right now?"

Suddenly he seems to get kind of nervous and a little antsy. "Uh, I don't think that's a good idea right now, Bri. It's late and all..."

"I don't care, I need to tell him the truth and he's not answering his phone."