Part 9: Just Tell Me To Fuck Off

Brian's POV

I wake up the next morning next to my toilet with a raging hangover and feeling really stiff. And the stench from the vomit would've made me puke again if I hadn't gotten rid of everything in my stomach last night. I get up and look at the clock in my living room. It's noon. "Fuck..." I swallow a couple Ibuprofen with water, clean up the puke, and call Faith. She answers on the third ring, sounding drowsey.

"Hey."

"Hey, did you just wake up?" I try my hardest to sound normal.

"Nah, but I've barely left my bed."

"You feelin' okay?"

Her voice perks up and she sounds a little bit more like she normally does. "Oh yeah, I'm just not a morning person. What about you? You don't sound too good..."

"That's what I was calling about... I don't feel very good either. I'm gonna have to cancel our date tonight." I feel like shit.

"Fever? Flu? Cold? What is it?"

"This is gonna sound stupid but... stress and a really bad hangover."

"What's your address? I'm coming over to help." It doesn't sound like I can talk her out of it so I tell her my address; something I don't normally do, but I feel like I know her well enough. A little bit later I'm laying on the couch when I hear a motorcycle outside my house, and then a minute later a knock on my door.

"Come in," I try to say loudly. The door opens and closes and Faith walks into my line of sight. She's wearing a leather biker jacket and pants, and under her arm is a really cool red and silver helmet with a dragon design. "Hey," I mumble.

She sighs and asks, "Have you eaten?" I barely shake my head no and she disappears into the kitchen. She brings me a glass of water and makes me drink half of it, sets it on the end table, then goes back into the kitchen. I don't know how much time she spends in there, but it's definitely a lot longer than the first time. When she's finally done she comes out with some chicken noodle soup and crackers.

I slowly sit up and take it from her; being careful to use the pot-holders so I don't burn myself. It tastes fucking amazing! "Holy shit," I mumble. "Did you make this?"

She nods. "From scratch. Even the noodles. Your kitchen is covered in flour now, but I'll clean it up."

I shake my head as I carefully slurp up the soup. "I'll clean it when I'm sober. This is too amazing. You shouldn't have to clean after making it."

"That's part of cooking. And you'll probably pass out again, so there's no stopping me."

"I don't think I'll pass out. I've been more drunk and hungover than this many times before. Trust me, this isn't that bad."

"Why'd you get drunk anyways?"

I think about that for a minute, then all the events from last night come flooding back in a tidal wave. "I was with Sal. I need to call him. I don't even know if he made it home safe." It would be my fault if he didn't.

She grabs my wrist as I reach for my phone on the table. "Let me do it. You need to relax." She quickly finds Sal's name in my contacts and calls him.

Sal's POV

I hear my phone. Where is it? I blindly reach in the direction of the sound and find it on the floor next to me. Why am I on the floor? I answer it right before it goes to voicemail; not even bothering to see who's calling me. "Ugh... Hello?"

"Sal? Hey, this is Faith from the bar." What the fuck? I don't know any Faith's...

"Okay?"

"I'm with Q right now. He told me you both got drunk last night and he's worried about you. I called for him since he's not feeling well." He has a girl over? After what we did last night? Fucking bastard! I don't remember much but I know something happened. I think we kissed or something. "Hey, ya there?"

"Yeah." I finally look around and find that I'm on the floor in my bedroom. There's empty whiskey bottles. Shit. "I made it home. Tell him I'm fine but I need him to come over when he's feelin' better."

"You got it. Bye!" I hang up without saying bye and start crying into the freshly vacuumed carpet. I know we're not dating or anything, but it still hurts that he has a girl over. Especially after last night... He's basically leading me on. I almost wish he would just tell me to fuck off so that I would at least know where our friendship stands.

***************

Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one is going to be longer and a bit... juicier ;)

Please vote, comment, and share!