Part 27: Promise Me...

Sal's POV

Honestly, I don't know why I'm so fucking stupid!

I mean, I hurt my other half. I hurt the love of my life, and I make it up to him by continuing to blame him, fucking him, and then sleeping with him? Yeah, I'm a fucking idiot.

He's sleeping next to me at 9:36 AM, and I watch him for a while. At 10 o'clock I decide to take a shower. I turn the water on as hot as I can stand it and start scrubbing myself clean with his soaps and shampoo. I love the smell of them; it's really comforting to me and I wish I could smell it all the time for the rest of my life (without getting used to it of course, because if you smell something long enough you eventually stop smelling it).

"OW!" I suddenly feel a sharp pain on my scalp as I'm washing my hair, and there's a little bit of pink mixed in with the soap suds on my hand. Huh, I must've scrubbed so hard I made myself bleed. Fuck my life.

"Sally babe, you okay?" His voice suddenly speaks up from the other side of the curtain and it scares me, making me jump. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, yeah," I try to cover it up. "I'm fine. What're you doing?"

"I was just wondering if I could join you." I quickly try to rinse my hair so he won't see that I'm bleeding, but then I notice that there's little scratch marks all over my arms and stomach and legs too. Well shit. None of them are bleeding, but... "Babe?" He asks as he opens the curtain when I don't answer. "Are you-- SAL!" Those gorgeous brown orbs that he calls eyes slowly grow with sorrow, sadness, and slight fear as they fly over my body; almost causing me to break down and sob right then and there. "Oh my god, what did you do?!"

"I..." I can't help the little sniff that escapes me. "I don't know... I didn't mean to, I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, you're okay." He assures me with a hug, causing water to get all over him, the walls, and the floor. But he doesn't seem to care, so I just hug him back tightly. He actually ends up losing his boxers and getting in the shower with me; still managing to never let go. "Please... don't you ever hurt yourself on purpose. EVER."

I nod into his shoulder. "I won't... Same goes for you, love. Okay?" I feel him stiffen at that so I pull away and look into his eyes. "Promise me I won't have to walk in on that, or see anymore scars ever again." I caress his scruffy cheek and softly kiss his nose. "Please..."

"Sal, I-"

I cut him off. "You will call me if you start feeling the need to... you know. I don't care if we're fighting, I don't care if we're in different states, or even different countries. You will call me, and I'll haul my lazy ass over here as soon as possible, and do everything in my power to make your pain go away. I want to hold you when you're depressed, talk with you when you're anxious, and cry with you when you're hurt. Because I don't wanna just spend good moments with you, I wanna experience the bad ones together as well. Because without them, then there's no meaning to the good, happy moments. I know sometimes the bad outweighs the good, but together we can reverse it. We will reverse it. I promise I'll never hurt you like I did the other night ever again, but I need you to promise me that you won't hurt yourself, and that you'll let me help you."

He responds in a quiet voice, "I promise..." Now we're both crying silent tears, and then he blurts out, "I love you, Salvatore Edward Anthony Vulcano!"

"And I love you, Brian Michael Quinn." We kiss.

And that's the first time he's said "I love you" as my boyfriend. As my lover. As my life.

********

Heyyyy, so I know it's short and sweet. I seriously felt pretty emotional and overwhelmed writing this part.

So how's that for an apology on Sal's part? And OHMYGOSH BQ said "I love you"! What d'ya think about that?

Also, I do NOT want this story to end, but it is getting kinda long (that's what she said). I was thinking about maybe writing a sequel sometime in the future? Let me know what you guys think and I'll keep you posted on what I'm gonna do.

Please vote, comment, and share! :D

P.S. I just found the cutest picture in all of this planet's history. Please refer to the external link. Sadly it wouldn't let me use it as a header >:(. I actually started crying when I saw someone cropped this picture, no joke.