Part 12: I Felt That

*I apologize to all of my UK readers. I've never been to England, so I don't know what it's like over there. I'm assuming it's pretty similar to the US, but if I get something wrong just let me know. Thanks!

Also WOOHOO for one hundred reads! I love writing this story and I love writing for you guys! Keep it coming!

One last thing, there's sexual content in this part as well. Enjoy! ;)*

Sal's POV

I tried to get Joe to switch me rooms. I really did. Brian's words hurt, and I hate myself for hurting and pressuring him. But Joe wouldn't do it; no matter how many times I said "I just can't face him right now," and "He doesn't want to be around me". He always just said "You both need to suck it up and be friends again. This'll help." So, here we are, checking in at our hotel in London. Q and I have barely spoken to each other since that day at Joe's, and that was only for the show. I know he's hurt, and I know this is putting our friends and coworkers in an awkward situation; even though Murr and Joe are the only ones that know. Oh, and Bessy since she was in the other room when we started yelling at each other. When Q and I get into our room we both sigh in frustration. Damnit! There's only one bed! This wouldn't normally be an issue; we've shared beds in hotels before. But now? Really?! Of all the fucking vacations in our career, it has to be this one. That's just my luck, I guess.

We both start getting settled in; unpacking our clothes into the dressers and organizing our toiletries in the bathroom. We do it in complete silence; neither one of us wanting to make anything worse. That is until Q turns the TV on and flips through the channels, settles for some show that I don't really care for, and lounges on the bed to watch it. I sit at the table and go on social media on my phone for a bit, then I get a text from Joe.

Talk to him. You're stuck with him for a couple weeks so you better make up.

I fucking hate you right now, I reply. But he's right. We need to figure this out, so I go over and lay on the bed next to Brian. I see him tense up, and I hate myself even more.

I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for being a dick about this whole thing."

He sighs before responding. "I'm sorry too. I know this is hard for you."

"And I know it's hard for you too."

"Why do you say that?"

"C'mon Brian, was I wrong before?"

He hesitates. Possibly to think of his response. Turning the TV off, he looks at me and says, "No. You weren't."

I look back at him. "Then what's the big deal? If we both like each other, then what's stopping us from being together?"

"I... I guess I am." He looks really confused and conflicted; in other words he looks like me when I was coming to terms with my own feelings years and years ago. "I still like women, Sal."

I start to put the pieces together. "You like Faith, don't you?"

He rubs his eyes and pushes his hair out of his face. "Yes. I like both of you, and I don't know what to do."

Now it's my turn to hesitate and think of my response. "Well I can't choose for you." I want him to choose me, but more than that I want him to be happy.

"I'm not asking you to. But... Sal... I'll admit, I had sex with her."

It feels like someone punched me in the gut. And the nuts. And everywhere. I fucking knew it. "So you're going to date her just because you had sex with her?"