Part 25: It's a Great Day!

Joe's POV

I wake up from the sound of vomiting. Well isn't this a great day? Q's in the bathroom so I go in there and hold back his hair as he pukes in the toilet; which he barely made it to, from the looks of it. When he's finally done he wipes his mouth and flushes. I rub his back soothingly. "You okay now, buddy?"

"No... It's hard to move."

"Go lie down, I'll clean this up."

"You sure? That's kinda gross..."

"I have a baby at home, I do this all the time." We both chuckle at that and then he washes his face and goes back to the living room; moving really slow as he goes. I get everything cleaned up and sanitized before I decide to call Sal and ask him if he could take over watching Brian.

He answers quickly, sounding really tired and upset about something. "Hey Joey, what's up?"

"Hey, just thought I'd let you know that Q's really sick again."

"Yeah, I know."
"Well, I stayed with him last night, but I gotta get back home and help Bessy with Milana and running errands. Think you could come over and keep an eye on 'im?"

"He doesn't want me to."

"What do you mean he doesn't want you to?"

"I mean he kicked me out of his damn house last night!" Now he sounds really pissed and irritated.

"What? Why?"

"I don't wanna talk 'bout it. Bottom line is he doesn't want me there so I'm not going over there. Get Murray to do it." With that he hangs up, leaving me more confused than ever. I decide to go and ask Q about it.

"Hey Bri," I start as I sit on the opposite couch. "What's up with Sal? He said you kicked him out last night."

"Mmm..." he groans and then proceeds to tell me what happened.

"He kept your medicine from you?!"

"Yup. But I'm really tired Joey. Please just let me sleep..." He barely finishes the sentence before dozing off. Why is Sal such an asshole sometimes?! His boyfriend (or whatever they are) is really ill, and he has the audacity to... to... UGH! FUCKING BITCH!

And on that happy note, I get a call from an excited Murr. "Hello?" I say bitterly.

"Whoa, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Actually, I didn't get a bed last night. I stayed at Q's because he's really sick again and Sal was being a little bitch and got his ass kicked out. Speaking of which, I've gotta get home to my family, which means you need to come take care of Q."

"Oh uh, sure, I'll be there in a few." True to his word, there's a knock on the door about half an hour later. I let him in and together we get Q to his bed upstairs so that he'll be more comfortable. I feel Murr pull me out of the room and back downstairs, where he proceeds to ask me about Sal. I tell him what Brian told me, and he's just as mortified as I am.

"Yeah, well I gotta go now. Have fun babysittin' Q."

"Hey, he'd do the same for you."

"I know. I'm sorry, it's just... Damn Sal." We hug and then I leave and come home to a fussy Milana and a tired wife. Well isn't this a great day.

Murr's POV

Q doesn't wake up for a while. Hopefully that's a good thing. But it's really kinda boring, so I just watch TV for most of the day; occasionally getting up to check on him, take a piss, and eat. It's early evening when I get a text from Sal.

Hey, you with Q?

I don't want to talk to him, but what kind of a friend would I be if I didn't respond? Yeah, why?

Just wondering how he's doing.

He woke up this morning and puked a lot, but other than that he's been sleeping most of the day. I realize he hasn't eaten very much. Maybe I should wake him up and heat up some dinner for him?

Oh, well that's good. So he hasn't said anything about me?

No but Joe told me what happened, so he must've told Joe. I'll admit, I'm not happy with you.

The fuck did I do?

His response angers me so much I start pacing around the room as I type my reply. What did you do? Sal how long have you liked him? And yet, you take away his painkillers and he ends up passing out. His fucking brain is swollen, and all you can do is worry about a stupid dare that WE made him do! So what did you do? You were you, Sal! A pathetic son of a bitch! I didn't really mean that... entirely. He is being a pathetic son of a bitch alright, but he's not always like that; only when he's really upset about something. Oh well, he hasn't seemed to have gotten the point so maybe this will help him figure his shit out.

I'M a pathetic son of a bitch?! You do realize that instead of announcing it on INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION you could have just asked us if we're together! Right? You did know that, right?

And you do know that we don't have to let that air, right?!

And you're real fucking lucky that that's the case.

That's beside the point. The point is Q is sick and you had to go and make matters worse! So until you can pull your head out of your ass, don't talk to me. It doesn't look like Q will be filming much so we won't have to worry about that. As soon as I send that text to Sal, I get a text from Q asking for food, so I heat him up some soup and toast, and I also bring him a glass of water. I carry it all on a tray.

Brian's sitting up in bed when I enter the room. With any luck, this is a good sign. I give him a warm smile as I set the food in front of him. "Hey Bri, feelin' any better?"

"Actually, I am feelin' a little better."

"Good." He starts eating and I notice that he's sweating a lot, so I go and get a cool, damp cloth and gently wipe his forehead with it. He mutters a 'thanks', I mutter a 'no problem', and then he looks at his phone.

"Fucking... really?" He says under his breath as he starts typing furiously.

"What? What's wrong?"

"It's Sal. He keeps goin' on about my flirting, you guys knowing about us, and now he's claiming that I've 'turned you and Joe against him'." He uses air quotes with his hands.

"Well he's the one that's-"

"I know, Murray, I know." He cuts me off in a weary tone. "But I am curious. How did you find out about us?"

"We kinda just figured it out." I say, shrugging. "It's really no big deal to us, Q. I don't know why you're so embarrassed about it."

"Well, we just, we weren't ready. I thought we would end up telling you and Joe before we told anyone else."

"I'm sorry..." I admit. "We both feel like shit for what we did. If it means anything, that's not ever gonna be aired."

"Good, 'cause I was serious, Murr. I would probably quit if it did." He's looking right into my eyes as he says that, and that's how I know he's dead serious.

"I'm sorry. We won't tell anyone else. Although you might have to live with us giving you shit about it." I try to smile in a joking way.

He smiles back. "I know you will. I would honestly probably do the same thing." We both laugh at that. The evening continues and he actually gets up and starts playing Xbox while I watch him and mock the graphics. The next day he's doing a lot better but I still stay with him just in case. Around dinner time there's a knock on the door, and a furious Sal is on the other side of it.

*********

Dun dun dun!

Please vote, comment, and share! :D