Part 7: Just Act Natural

*There's sexual content in this chapter. And many afterwards*

Brian's POV

"Uh, good, I guess." I try to play it off cool, but to be honest, I don't feel cool at all. Literally. The room gets really hot and I feel the blood rush to my cheeks. I have no clue how long we sat like that, just holding hands and staring at them, but I liked it. Finally, I said, "I need to go to the bank and go shopping. Would you like to come?"

He finally looks at me and drops my hand; which suddenly feels abnormally cold and empty without his touch. "Yeah, sure, just as long as I can use your shower."

"That's fine, I need to shower too."

"You go first since it's your house."

I get up and do just that, then Sal takes a turn after me. I throw together bagels and apple juice for both of us while he's doing his thing.

Sal's POV

I love using Brian's shampoo since his hair always smells like it. I know, I sound really creepy, but honestly I've liked him for so long, it just seems normal now. And the fact that he hasn't completely rejected me fills me with so much joy. I wish I could kiss him, or that he would kiss me. I wish we could be together forever, maybe adopt a kid or two and raise a family. Kids scare me, but I could do it for Brian. I could do anything for Brian. I would marry him if he wanted. Fuck... Now I'm thinking about kissing him. I imagine what it would feel like to bite his hairy lip as his tongue just barely traced my own lips. How his hands would roam my body until one gripped my ass while the other gently pulled my hair to expose my neck, where he would start kissing and sucking. I can't help but start jerking off, and I almost moan. I keep going as I imagine all the things Q would do to me, and I have to bite my lip really hard to keep myself from making noise. After a couple minutes I reach my climax and I make sure to wash everything down the drain. I finish my shower and get out, dry myself off, get dressed, and run Q's comb through my hair. I'll have to live without brushing my teeth until I get home. Gross... But it's worth it if I'm with Brian.

Third Person POV

Sal walks into the dining room with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"What's up with you?" Q asks as they both sit to eat. Q sits at the head of the table and Sal sits next to him.

"Huh?" Sal blushes. "Oh uh, nothing."

As the meal continues both of them feel kinda awkward inside but on the outside they try to act normal, and that eases some of the tension. Sal begins to wonder if this is what it would be like to live with Brian. Waking up every morning next to him, showering, eating breakfast and then going to run errands or go to work or whatever they had to do that day. He comes to the conclusion that since they already do most of that on a regular basis as best friends, it wouldn't be that much different if they were dating, and that gives him a warm fuzzy feeling.

Unbeknownst to Sal, Q is thinking along similar lines, but it feels different to him. Sal's been thinking and wondering about this kind of thing for twenty years, but it's completely and totally new to Brian, so it kind of scares him. He's not really sure how or what to think. Maybe he's gay, maybe he's not? What if he's bi? Finally, as they're driving to the bank, he decides that he's not going to do anything about it right now. He'll act as normal as possible to make Sal happy, because the one thing he does know is that he doesn't want to hurt his best friend. Not in a million years would he ever want to hurt Sal.

Brian's POV

After we run our errands I drop Sal off at his house. I drive to the 'Tell 'em Steve Dave' set to record a podcast, and on the way I get a text. I'm early so I check my messages when I pull in. There's an unread one from an unknown number.

Hey, this is Faith. I found a piece of paper with a phone number in my bag. Is this Q?

I smile to myself as I remember slipping my number into her bag when she wasn't looking. I thought it was funny. I save her number and text back.

Hey! Yeah, this is Q lol

Oh thank God! I thought maybe some creepy guy at work was trying to get me to sleep with him.

I decide to flirt a little. Well, I can be creepy ;)

Brian Quinn!

Yes? :P

Take me on a couple more dates first!

At this point I'm walking through the door. Fine with me! I'll pick you up Sunday at 7 pm?

Fine. But I'm not promising anything. Got it?

Lol, ok :D

I realize that I'm actually quite excited for this date. I even bring it up during the podcast.

"So Q, we haven't seen you in a while," Bryan Johnson starts.

"Yeah, I missed last week, sorry 'bout that."

"Oh no it's fine."

Walt Flanagan chimes in at this point. "Not everyone can make it to every podcast. But I gotta ask, is it your um, your injury?"

He must be referring to my encephalitis and meningitis. "No, no, it's not that. That's actually been getting a lot better recently."

"Oh really?" Bryan asks.

"Yeah."

"Well I'm glad to hear that you're doing better."

"Thanks, I am too. I have some more good news! I actually uh, have a date on Sunday." Both guys look pretty surprised since I'm not really the kind of guy to go on dates, and I haven't been in a serious relationship in a while. They both start demanding details about it. I chuckle. "I'm not gonna say her name on here, but I will say that she's a very nice girl."

"Does she got a nice set of tits on her?" Walt blurts out. Bryan laughs.

I turn really red as I rub my eyes and I'm glad there isn't a camera on. "You would ask that!"

"Well, does she? Do you plan on getting it on at all?"

"If she wants to, you know I'm not gonna stop her. But she doesn't seem like the kind of girl to do the deed immediately."

"So you think she's gonna take a couple dates before anything happens?" Bryan asks.

I nod. "If she does at all. But that's not what I'm after anyways. I mean, sex is nice, but having a girlfriend would be nice too."

The podcast continues. We don't talk about Faith as much; just that she works at a bar I've been too and that's how we met. We talk about a ton of other things, then we end the podcast. The next day I meet with the guys to discuss the show. I hug each of them and apologize for not contacting any of them; explaining that it's not anyone's fault. Joe and Murr are quick to accept my apology. Sal doesn't really say anything. But when we're done a couple hours later, he does ask if he can come over again. I tell him yes he can, and we meet at my house. It's weird how he wants to be at my house all the time now.

****************

Please vote, comment, and share :D