Prologue

...3...2...1...

The numbers on the clock turned to 6 AM and the alarm was buzzing for her to wake up in time for school. Loud music rang loudly reaching her ears and she growled in annoyance, her hand searching around the bed for the sleep culprit, only for her to realize that she had to get up in order for her to shut it off.

Curled up in her woolly blanket, she let a low groan escape her lips as she begrudgingly got up and walked towards the table where her phone was charging the night before.

"Oh." She smiled as she saw the notification on her lock screen.

It's been a few weeks now, but she had been addicted to the recently popular otome game called Mystic Messenger. It was a game where the player would chat with different characters and try to host a fundraising party for a good cause.

She had downloaded the game before, but due to her ignorance and impatience, she uninstalled it because she didn't know how it worked. But after about 3 months, she saw the app icon on her playstore suggestions once again and decided to give it another go. This time being fully aware on how to play the game.

It was the last day of her current route. She had finished Zen's story, Yoosung's, Jaehee's, and now Jumin's, specifically in that order. It wasn't intentional but a lot of fans say that it was easier to understand the whole story if players played in that order. Which was actually true. The smile on her lips was stretching so wide that it made her cheeks hurt. It was inevitable. Although she had thought of Jumin as a strange man, even stranger than 707, prior to playing his route but it seems that he could be quite the romantic when he wanted to be.

She clicked on the screen and Jumin's CG came into view. He had proclaimed his love to her, very publicly if I might add, in front of hundreds of reporters and cameras, then the story was drawing to an end.

 He had proclaimed his love to her, very publicly if I might add, in front of hundreds of reporters and cameras, then the story was drawing to an end

After one final click, the game had reset itself.

She watched the ending video before she was brought back to the main screen

She watched the ending video before she was brought back to the main screen. Curiously, she went over to the After Ending feature and saw that she had unlocked almost all of the After Endings. But since she had to pay a fee of 20 Hourglasses, she exited the feature and went back to the main screen, reminding herself that she would wait until everyone's routes were done.