Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

5 years later...

"Bella! Call the editors! They are so late! Gosh," I shouted to my assistant, frustrated.

I was now an official writer working my way through New York. I was about to publish my second book called The Never Love and I was hoping for it to be a hit. My editors were later than usual and I started to worry if they changed their minds.

"Miss Rowland, their taxi's tire was punctured so they had to find another one. They are on their way!"

I sighed and smiled at her apologetically, "Thank you, Belle. Go help yourself some coffee or something."

She smiled at me back, knowing how anxious I am about this book, "Sure. Thank you. Would you want one?"

"Tea, would be great, thanks," she nodded and went down the elevator. I walked around in my room in this building and looked out the window to the busy streets. Out of so many people, I've been found. I posted a story on Wattpad and someone wanted me to publish it.

You have talent. I can help you publish this if you like. Just give me a call.

That was the comment that changed my life and here I am about to publish my second book. My first book was a hit and was a bestseller in three weeks. I was shocked myself because I didn't know they would appreciate my writing. And now I was grateful.

I waited patiently for them to arrive and once I heard a knock, I excitedly did my skirt properly and hoped that I looked decent enough. But it was just Belle bringing in my favourite English tea.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"No problem, Tasha."

"Remember, Belle. In front of them, I'm Giselle Tyler."

"Sure thing."

Giselle Tyler was my "stage name". I didn't want anyone to really know who I was because since I had a lot of haters, I didn't want them to spread more rumours about me and my books end up being a one hit wonder kind of thing.

I drank my hot tea slowly and chit chat a little with Belle. She was a really nice girl with curly blonde hair and a bright smile. She was only 17 years old, taking up a position as my assistant because she needed a job. I gladly accepted her because what was I to lose? Besides, she had been very consistent with her job.

A very good assistant indeed.

The door bell rang and I knew it was them. I straighten my hair and my dress nicely while I asked Belle to open the door. When I saw who the editors were, my eyes sprung open. One of them was a tall guy with a perfectly trimmed mustache wearing a suit and the other was a very familiar girl I used to know.

Who was she? Her face was so familiar.

They came closer and I introduced myself, "Hello. I'm Giselle Tyler," and gave them a warming smile.

"Hey," the guy said and shook my hand, "I'm Brandon," he smiled back at me and introduced me to the girl, "This is Rose."

Rose...how come her name brought back to another memory??

"We're here to discuss about your book, the... what was it called again?"

"The Never Love," I smiled.

He was charming. Shit.

"Giselle...have we met before?" Rose interrupted.

"Uh..." I murmured as I thought of that question.