Chapter 17

SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY

xxx

CHAPTER 17

Two weeks.... Now it had to be less than that? Oh how am I going to tell this to Dylan? It was going to break his heart. And we thought we could spend our whole summer here.

"I'm sorry darling..." was all my mum could mutter when I stormed off the cottage with my swimsuit underneath my beach dress I wore last night because I was too mad to search for another one.

I had tears in my eyes and the first place I needed to go was the ocean. I rushed to it before anyone could see me crying. But who could? There was no one here.

Why was I even here in the first place?! If I wasn't here I wouldn't have met Dylan. I wouldn't feel this hurt when I was leaving.

But if I wasn't here in the first place, I wouldn't have met the most gorgeous boy in my life. I wouldn't have had my first kiss probably, ever. I wouldn't have called someone my boy friend at the age of fifteen. I wouldn't got out of my comfort zone and faced my fears of heights.

Enough thinking! I just had to confront Dylan. He wouldn't be mad... he'd just be sad. We would both be sad...

I jumped into the ocean and let it bring me away from my problems. I wished Dylan was here. He would have made it go away much faster. Could I just stay here and stop going school and work with Dylan. I would still be able to survive right? Could I just run away?

This is a small island, Tasha. What do you think you're thinking?

The waves pushed me further and further away from shore and somehow I just let it be that way. Maybe I could die before I had to face everything else. That made good sense.

I float on the clear sea and stared at the morning sky. I closed my eyes and let the water bring me. Soon, I knew I couldn't even feel the sand on my feet if I stood straight. I suppose I was that deep but I didn't care. I was so hurt I couldn't even think anymore. I wanted to get away from this just there and then.

"Natasha!" I heard my name being called by a familiar soothing voice that could make your heart skip a beat. In this case, my heart skipped two beats as I awoke from my non-rasional thinking and started losing my posture in the water. I saw Dylan jumping in the ocean swimming towards me.

Somehow I couldn't swim. The waves were too strong dragging me away from everything that seemed safe. I was drowning and I couldn't reach to him. He was so far away. I started crying knowing I was losing him for good. I was dying. Wasn't I?

I gave up. I was going to face my fate and I was going to leave Dylan in peace where he wouldn't have to face any more drama in life.

I closed my eyes.

~*~

Cough cough cough.

As I coughed out all the sea bloody salty water.