Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

I took a deep breath and followed Dylan to the nightmare. My night mare.

"I promise, I'll hold you tight,"

It still didn't assure me but there would be a time when you have to face your fears and I suppose this was my time. We followed the same track going uphill and I really did not want to look down. My body shivered and it went all the way to my spine.

He realised that I was going crazy so he carried me and all I did was close my eyes. I did not want to think of what was going to happen. Everything was just going so fast.

We reached the flat land and he put me down. I kept my head up and made sure my eyes were always looking upwards. I really didn't want to do this. We calmed down at first. Dylan hugged me and I was doing my best not to cry. He kissed me again and at one point my fears were lost for a moment.

All my problems felt as if they had all been swept away. He let my lips go and buckled me to the handle. Before we went, Dylan buckled his and kissed me again. He told me to hold tight although he claim it was completely safe.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. He made sure I felt secure but no matter how hard he tried, I will never feel secure.

"Ready?" he asked, probably excited I was sharing this moment with him.

"No," I replied, feeling nervous and scared at the same time. I was facing my fears, once and for all. I should be happy, right?

"Don't look down, okay?" he kissed me.

"Oka-"

And he pushed us down, I shouted like a maniac and as though I was going to die this instance. Dylan on the other hand, was soaring his lungs out.

I finally opened my eyes and I realised the jungle under me. I was so high up. I screamed and soared both at the same time. Dylan's grip felt tighter around me and he cheered along together with me.

The wind blew my hair across my face and I could see the view better from here.

I laughed in mid air that I finally faced my fear! This was actually fun. I felt my heart pounding faster, knowing deep down I was extremely scared.

And then, the flying fox wire seemed to be coming to an end. We were reaching what it seemed to be a tree house.

We slowed down and he held me tighter. He got ready to break. I just shut my eyes and by the time I opened my eyes, Dylan was already unbuckling me.

After he unbuckled himself. I just hugged him tight and hoped he knew that it was a thank you.

"You're welcome," he winked, "Welcome to my territory."

He opened the wooden door and I was in his private wooden hang out place. The walls were wooden and there were windows looking out to the woods. There was a wall full of newspaper cut outs, pictures and personal notes.

There was a pillow, a mattress and a piece of blanket at one corner. He probably slept here before.

"It's nothing much, I built it myself. Took me one whole year to get it done," he said, scratching his head as I was exploring his little wooden paradise.

Everything was steady and strong it was the first time I felt comfortable in mid air. Well, it wasn't really mid air when it was on a tree, right?

"It's cosy," I commented with a smiled.

"I have snacks, if you're hungry..."

I laughed.

I looked at his wall of notes.

^^ BREAKING NEWS : the adventurous couple, Dr Martin and Santana Cooper was declared lost yesterday as it had been two months since they said they would be back from their expedition^^

There was a picture of a younger version of Dylan and a man and women beside him. Their faces were happy and cheerful. Dylan was so young. They looked like their parents. He had his father's eyes and his mother's smile.

^^SAILING TO THE OPEN SEA IS BANNED! : no sailing is allowed for 5 months and without permission. Those declared lost will not have any rescue team to look for them as they broke the law.^^

Beside that was a note to Dylan.

Hi darling, your dad and I will be going sailing for a couple of days. We'll miss you, study hard and I'll see you soon, MUM.

There were more but then I realised the silence and turned. I spotted Dylan tearing up looking out the window at the corner.

"I was ten when they never came back," he mumbled.

I kept quiet not knowing what to say so I let him continue.

"They told me they would come back in a few days. I waited for them for years and they never came back," his voice began to crack a little, " I started hating them at first, for leaving me and for hurting me. And then I started to move on. I started high school and I grew up with my grandparents."

He started to cry and that was my time to calm him down. I hugged him and let him lean on my chest. I brushed my hands through his hair and shushed him softly.

I swayed, rocking the both of us.

My shirt became wet but I didn't care. I made him face me and I started kissing him. I kissed him passionately and he kissed me back desperately.

I wanted him so badly. I ran my hand through his hair and we both sat down on the floor that was covered with Dylan's mattress.

I sat on him and he started to unzip my beach dress and pulled down the sleeve, revealing my bra and underwear. Without letting his lips go, he took off his shirt and revealed his hot tan skin.

His tongue suddenly went into my mouth and so I did the same. Our tongues played together and twisted at every direction. I did not intend to have sex now and it was my ovulation period.

"Not now," I indicated to Dylan.

"I know," he smiled to himself and forced me to lie down on him.

We cuddled with each other for awhile oblivious of the time. Our mouths were wet and we were getting tired. Dylan opened his watch and put the timer to 6pm. He grabbed his blanket and covered us both.

I shut my eyes, expecting to take a nap because even though we did not have sex, cuddling and calming him down exhausted me out.

My head became heavy due to the overloading of information entering my head. I had been wondering so much about Dylan's parents and here I was...

Answers.

It must had been devastating for Dylan whenever he came here and look at his past.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead, he kissed it long and gentle before letting it go. I felt all the pleasure and breathed in.

I felt his breath on my forehead as he exhaled. I rested my head on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat getting slower as he relaxed.

"Natasha..." he whispered, still thinking I was already asleep so I made no sound.

"You know what?"

What? I thought.

"I'm really happy I met you. You... You changed my life."

I did? My heart leaped.

"And you know what's the best part?"

It was as if Dylan was talking to himself. I moved my body a little to pretend that I was really asleep.

"I'm really proud of you," he laughed lightly, " It's crazy, I know, but you did it! You faced your fears," he brushed his hand through my hair.

"You faced your fears with me..." he paused, " Oh gosh, Natasha," I felt his tears flowing on my head, " I love you so much..."

And that was all I needed to hear. I finally shut my system and fell asleep.