Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

"We're all going to the beach today!" my mum exclaimed.

I gasped in disbelief. Great, they were going to ruin my whole day with Dylan.

"Awesome..." I said sarcastically.

I went out earlier to see Dylan at the store. I took an apple I bought the day before as my breakfast and walked to the shop lots.

"Natasha! Wait! We're coming with you!" my mum shouted as I was walking to the wooden planks.

Great.

They caught up with me and asked, "So have you checked this place out?"

I shook my head. They were pulling me in to every shop and I was just trying my best not to swear.

"Mum! I'm going somewhere!" I shouted softly while she was busy looking at some souvenir shops.

I quickly ran out of the shop and ran to the grocery shop that Dylan works in.

"Ah, Miss Natasha... What brings you here...?" he winked, but he ended up frowning once he saw my hair been tied up.

"You have got to help me! My parents are he-"

"Natasha there you are!" my mum ran and hugged me, "We thought we lost you..."

"No mum, I'm just here to talk to a-"

"Who is this?" she pointed to Dylan.

"Mum, this is-"

"Natasha's new friend here at Pearl Island. Nice to meet you, Mrs..."

"Rowland," I helped.

"Mrs Rowland," he pulled out his hand.

"Charming, isn't he?" she giggled.

Was she kidding me? She couldn't be flirting with my only friend!! This was just so embarrassing. 

"Mum... This is my new friend... And I will be seeing him later..."

"Oh, don't say anything, honey. Go and have fun with your friend. Your father and I will go and look around the shop lots. I would see you later at the beach!  Bye, honey," and she kissed my cheeks. And left.

"I'm so sorry. Yes, my parents will be at the beach later... Don't think we can have our, 'time'," I sighed.

"Come on, nonsense! I'll just come to you. There's no rule saying you can't be with you friends."

I laughed, "Fine."

"There's the smile..." he winked.

I blushed. I looked away to the outside of the store where the horizon shows. I never felt so alive in my life. I never had someone I could joke around with or talk to.

"You look cute when you blush..." he teased.

And that made me blush even more. I smiled to myself. I went to the apple section and took two red apples.

"Two apples, please."

"Alrighty, Miss Rowland. See you later," he grinned.

It was still 1.30 and I really didn't want to leave Dylan. He made me feel like I belonged somewhere.

"Why not I help you out? Then we could hang out a little after your work," I smiled.

"Sure, thing. You can just stay with me in the counter. There's not much people here anyway," he smiled.

I sat beside him. He stared at me and I knew why he was frowning.

My hair.

I sighed loudly, "Oh come on! You know I really hate how my hair is..."