Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

The next day as planned, my parents were going snorkeling. I told them that I went swimming yesterday and they seemed happy. They gave me some 'emergency' money if I wanted to go to the shop lots beside the beach.

It was still morning so maybe I would. I had my own extra money that I saved.

I didn't know why but I was thinking about Bradley Swan. Those beautiful green eyes and pearly white smile. I was always mesmerized whenever he walk pass my locker with Laura. He would walk as though she was the last girl on Earth.

Many times I wished I was her.

I snapped out of my thoughts of him and put on my earphones. I brought the digital camera my mum gave me, for fun, just in case there was anything interesting.

I walked along the wooden planks that were arranged nicely on the sand to act as a pathway.

I looked around the place and it was so quiet I could hear a needle drop, except I couldn't. I had my earphones on.

I walked and there he was! That was the same guy!

And he was working in a grocery shop???

I looked away as he was looking at my direction. I bet he thought I was a customer. I thought fast. I wanted to buy apples...

Wow that's healthy.

"Miss?" he spoke.

Oh gosh! Even his voice was sexy!

"Uh yeah, apples," I said giddily.

I couldn't help it. He was too gorgeous. He had mesmerizing hazel nut eyes, and that face was as if he was someone from the movie everybody wanted to be with. He was so good looking I felt my heart melt.

"Miss, are you okay?" he laughed grabbing some apples for me.

I realised I was drooling and I quickly wiped my saliva away, "Yes, I am..." I snapped out of my fantasizing and took the basket he placed some apples in.

"So, you here for the summer?" he asked.

Yes! He was starting a conversation!

"Yeah, parents forced me here. I never liked holiday-ing..." I answered.

"I always wanted a holiday. Working your whole life is worse than being forced to go for a holiday," he said, trying to make me feel bad.

And I did.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know..."

He chuckled and looked at me. Oh my God, those eyes.

"That's okay. Dylan. Dylan Cooper," he pulled out his hand for a handshake.

"Must be really dangerous giving your name to strangers," I joked.

"Nah, I don't really do these things. You're the first one."

I blushed and paid for the apples, "Will I see you around?"

He gave me back the change and spoke, "I'm always here until 2. I would start swimming after that around 4? Maybe I'll see you at the beach then?"

My face turned tomato red as I couldn't believe what was happening, "Yeah, sure."

He smiled and I walked out of the grocery store feeling butterflies everywhere. I giggled to myself while walking back to my cottage. I didn't know what I could do at a hot afternoon like this. Dylan... His name was Dylan. Then I realised he didn't know mine. What an idiot!