A Night Of Horror

Start from the beginning

It seemed only half of the gods were using the house at this time. The King didn't request all the gods must be “tricked” into going so the ones around would have to do.

Just your luck all the gods currently staying at the house were all in the living room. This would make it easier.

Scorpio and Zyglavis were going over important documents. Leon and Karno were drinking some wine while Dui and Ichthys were quietly laughing between each other as Ichthys told some jokes.

Only six. More punishment gods than wishes. You inwardly apologized to the gods as you prepared to speak.

“Hey, I just recently discovered a haunted mansion not far from here. Who wants to come check it out with me?” You tried to sound convincing as possible and not let your voice crack. This was hard enough as it is.

All the gods attention immediately turned to you. Scorpio raised an eyebrow like you were crazy while Zyglavis grew suspicious. Dui and Ichthys looked curious while Leon stifled a laugh and Karno simply smiled.

“There is no haunted mansion around here. Did you lose your mind, woman?” Scorpio glared.

“This house is the only one around for miles. We would know if another was nearby.” Leon answered with a smug grin.

“But what if there really is a haunted mansion around and it only appears on certain nights.” Ichthys said, his eyes wide with curiosity. “Like tonight.” Dui added.

Zyglavis who had remained quiet up until now furrowed his brows, “Even if there was a haunted mansion nearby I have no interest in going. That kind of nonsense is for children.”

Karno then spoke up, smiling, “I don't mind coming along. I am interested in seeing if this haunted mansion exists.”

“Thanks Karno.” You smiled though you felt incredibly guilty at deceiving him. If only he knew what awaited him.

Dui and Ichthys then stood up, “We will come to.” They both looked excited.

Only Scorpio, Zyglavis and Leon still looked doubtful or disinterested.

You managed to convince three of the six, hopefully that would be good enough to please the King. Together with the three gods you readied to set out to the haunted mansion but as you all got ready to leave you were stopped at the entrance.

“Huh?” Leon, Scorpio and Zyglavis were all standing there looking Irritated. “Why are you all here?”

Scorpio and Zyglavis looked away with a faint blush while Leon smirked.

“We couldn't let you go to some imaginary haunted house with just those three.” Scorpio muttered.

“While I trust Karno and Dui I worry what trouble Ichthys might create. That is the only reason I am.coming.” Zyglavis said, hiding his embarrassment behind a scowl.

Leon shrugged his shoulders and was brimming with confidence, “I'm coming because I wasn't going to be the only one left behind.” that was his reason.

You sighed in exasperation at the sudden turn of events. You managed to get all six to come after all.
All together you left the mansion and headed behind the house. You followed the directions the King had laid out for you and led the gods to their doom- uh that is their fun house.

“See. There is no haunted ma-” Scorpio was cut short as a sudden chill swept through the air followed by a ghostly looking building forming before their eyes. A decrepit and broken down mansion towered before them.

You were shocked for a moment before forcing a smile, “Like I said. Haunted mansion.” You laughed awkwardly as you bowed and pointed at the house.
“Wow. It's real.” Ichthys face lit up with wonder.