Chapter Fifteen:

I woke up and Joey was nowhere to be found as usual. He always seemed to disappear before morning. I knew it was mostly just him avoiding his feelings.

I was on a high due to the kiss last night but my mood was instantly dampened when I realized it was Saturday and I had to go work. I had half a mind to stay home.

I quickly did my hygiene routine and got dressed in some black jeans and my work shirt. I brushed my hair out and ran the flat iron through it a few times to tame it. I then threw on a hat and was on my way out the door.

The walk to the bus stop was pretty relaxing for me but I was really starting to think about how much I needed a car. People couldn't drive me around all the time and the bus wasn't the safest form of transportation.

I got to work in about 40 minutes. As soon as I got there I headed to the back to clock in.

"Hey Reggie" Kamree said as I was putting my things down. She was the only person I really got along with here. Everyone else was fake and rude.

"Hey" I smiled.

"So hey, I know this is weird but there's this party tonight that this guy I like is throwing and he wants me to come. I was wondering if you would go with me? I dont want to go alone and I dont really know anyone else" she chuckled.

"So im the rebound?"

She kissed her teeth jokingly. "No Reggie. You're the only person I consider a friend."

I squinted at her. She was kind of right. We both were pretty much loners and she was the only person that talked to me sometimes outside of work and made sure I was okay when I called out.

I was always down for a good party but I usually only went with people I knew from the dance studio. "Okay. I'll come. What time?"

"It starts at 11pm. I'll pick you up so dont worry about a ride there" she said. I nodded.

"I'll be ready."

---

It was now 10:36pm and I was still trying to find something to wear. I scratched my head staring at my closet. I had already done my hair and everything else but an outfit just wouldn't come to mind.

A knock came to my room door. "Just a minute!" I yelled. I was only in a tshirt and my underwear. I slipped on a pair of shorts really quickly. "Okay!!!"

Joey walked through the door and went straight for my bed. He sat down and looked me over. "Where you going?" he asked.

"Some party" I mumbled throwing different outfit options onto my bed.

"With who? You got friends?" he chuckled.  I pondered whether or not I should be offended for a second before answering.

"Its a coworker" I told him.

"Oh. Be careful" he muttered. I squinted at him. He cared about my safety?

"Can I ask for your opinion on what I should wear?"

He stood up and looked at what I had thrown out. "Are you trying to look like you want some dick or like you came to actually party?" he asked bluntly. I chuckled.

"Like I came to actually party" I told him. He nodded and proceeded to pick up a black crop top and some shorts.

"You got like a jacket or some shit?" he asked me. I shook my head no. He put his finger up and left for a minute. He came back with a jean jacket. "Here" he handed it to me. I was shocked. The outfit was nice and he was letting me wear his jacket.

"No drunk people better not throw up on my shit or nothing" he said.

I laughed. "I dont think so." I went to the bathroom to get changed. The outfit was perfect.

I came back in the room. Joey was now watching tv. He looked over at me. "That looks dope on you" he said. I smiled and said a quick thank you.

Kamree texted me and told me she was on her way. I wasnt sure how far she lived so I slipped on my shoes just in case she got here quicker than I thought.

I could feel Joey's eyes on me the whole time. "What?" I asked. I hated when people stared at me.

"Not so fun when somebody else does it to you huh?" he chuckled. I gave him the stale face. He laughed. That was probably the first genuine laugh I've ever gotten out of him.

I sat and watched tv with him until my phone chimed letting me know Kam was outside. I grabbed my keys and got up from the bed.

"You leaving?" he asked me. I nodded my head yes. He then stood up as well.

I made my way to the door. "Reggie.." I heard him say as my hand touched the door knob. I turned around to look at him. He scratched his head. "What time you think you'll be home?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "Ehh, I dont know." That was the bad thing about going to a party and letting someone else drive. You couldnt leave when you wanted.

He walked up to me and slid his arms around my waist. I felt a familiar tingling when he gripped my hips and pulled my body to his.

He licked over his lips and leaned down to kiss me. I know he had done it last night, but I wasnt expecting him to do it again.

It was just as great.

My arms slid up and around his neck as I deepened the kiss. After a few more seconds of the session, he pulled back and pecked me.

"Call me if you need me" he mumbled and went back into the room. I stood there dumbfounded for a while before blushing and making my way out the door.

This was something I could definitely get used to.