Prologue

"I'm sick of trying man" he mumbled staring off into space. He was standing on the edge of the roof and I wanted so bad to run and pull him down but I was scared he would fall or do something even worse... Jump.

He was really meaning it...

And that's what scared me the most.

"Please don't do this" I pleaded with him through my panting. I had chased him up four flights of stairs and I wasnt in the best athletic shape but he was worth the stress on my body.

"Give me one good reason" he said dryly looking over at me. I had never seen him this void. This empty. Emotionless.

"I love you... And it would kill me if you actually did this" I said feeling a burning in the back of my eyes. I wanted to cry but I had to be strong.

Strong for him. Strong for us.

He chuckled and ran his tongue across his top row of teeth before shaking his head.

I could tell he wanted to cry too.

"How do I know you being genuine?" he said in that same emotionless tone.

"If you came down, you could find out."

He looked me straight in the eyes after I said that and just stared for a while. He was reading me. Trying to see if I was being honest. He was good at that.

He clenched his jaw and nodded before jumping down and I finally let all my tears fall. The only difference in this being that instead of tears of sadness, they were tears of joy.

"I can't take no more disappointment. Please don't let me down" he muttured walking past me back into the building.

"I won't. I promise."

***********

I know most people suggested Asap Rocky for this but I really couod not picture him. All I saw in my brain was Joey lol