Take Charge

Black Canary : what are the qualities you look for in an apprentice ? Catwoman : How do u cope with damian ?

"I try to avoid Damian as much as possible," Selina said, rolling her eyes.

"Who is Damian," Artemis asked in confusion.

"Nobody," Selina growled.

"Talia and Bruce's son," Dinah informed her.

"Oohh."

 "Yeah..."

Jade glanced over at Selina.  "What do you do when you're at the Manor?"

"Well, Damian just goes to his room to avoid me, which doesn't bother me," Selina shrugged.

"You're going to have to deal with it eventually, Selina," Diana reprouched.

Selina shrugged again.  "As long as that day isn't today, I really don't care," she bit off.

"Okay, okay.  What about your question, Dinah?"

"There's no list of required traits exactly," Dinah said thoughtfully.  "I suppose I want someone who is willing to learn.  If they don't have any prior knowledge of fighting or have never been trained before, it doesn't really matter.  All that matters is the passion to learn."

"Most people would kill to learn from you," Barbara reminded her.

"Most people would get killed learning from me," Dinah corrected.  "So I guess I would want someone who's really tough.  You need to be tough for this type of work."

"You need poor judgment to enter this type of work," Selina laughed.

Dinah grinned.  "Maybe that's true, too.  Also, you need to be calm and cool-headed on the field."

"Because you're so collected, Dinah," Helena teased.

Dinah mock-glared.  "You have the worst anger management of anyone I have ever met, Helena, so don't play."

Helena raised her hands in surrender.  "Can't argue that."

"Um, I guess I would want someone smart.  Like, book smart and knowledgable, but also street smart, because that's also required on the field."

"What about resourceful?" Jade asked.  "You need someone who can think of their feet, right?"

"Yes.  Also, someone who is flexible and will follow my lead," Dinah added.

"But at the same time, someone who stands their ground," Artemis chimed in.  "That's important, isn't it?"

"Absolutely," Dinah assured her.  She smiled at Artemis.  "You would know something about that, wouldn't you, Artemis?"

Jade rolled her eyes.  "Artemis has always been very stubborn," she told the group.

"Hey!"

Diana spoke up.  "What about leadership skills?  You want someone who  can take charge at any moment."

"True.  And I want someone who is a hard-worker," Dinah concluded.  "You'll never get anywhere in this kind of work if you're lazy."

"There you have it," Diana said.  "Dinah's complete guide to being an apprentice."

"If you're interested, please leave a comment below including your skills, weaknesses, talents, and previous traning, if any," Dinah added.  "I'd love to have a new apprentice and you all seem like wonderful candidates!"

 "Also, we're going holiday shopping and the boys will be answering questions for the next week," Diana said.  "So leave a question for Roy, Steve, Oliver, Clark, Wally, The Question, Dick, and Bruce!"