Sleep Deprivation

Everybody: why did you choose the weapons you chose? Artemis: What was your favorite and least favorite part of being a superhero??

 "Hey, guys," Barbara greeted, perching herself onto a seat by the rest.  Her cheeks were flushed as though she'd been running and her eyes glittered with energy.  "Sorry I'm late."

"You missed a few questions," Selina informed her.  "But I don't think it matters much."

"Okay.  Well, in answer to this question, I chose Eskrima fighting sticks and batarangs.  They're mostly small and convenient and I can generally take them with me to wherever I go."

"I don't need anything because I'm epic," Dinah shouted, catching Jade's leg and flipping her onto her back.

"The lasso of truth is not only effective in combat, but in interrogations," Diana explained.

"Sais were standard issue in the League of Assassins," Jade answered, in between blocking blows.

"My bullwhip is incredibly useful in combat, flexible in its uses, and is perfect for clean getaways," answered Selina.

"I chose the crossbow because of its accuracy," Helena replied.

"Archery came natural so it was obvious that I would be come an archer," Artemis explained.  "My least favorite would have to be a tie between washing blood, sweat and other unidentifiable bodily fluids off my person and having to hide all kinds of crazy bruises.  You wouldn't believe how many bottles of foundation and concealer I go through to hide bruises for school."

"I know the feeling," Barbara concurred.  "I've had to tell so many teachers that my father wasn't beating me at home."

"Also," Artemis added.  "Being sleep deprived all the time just all-around sucks."

Every one of them, including the fighting pair, gave a groan of agreement.  "Everyone at my work thought I was hungover all the time," Helena confessed.  "It was really embarrassing."

"And a perk.  Hmmm.  I suppose perks are being really fit and healthy," Artemis suggested.

"Nothing carves out lean muscle like martial arts," Helena agreed.  "Especially kick boxing."

"I was always more of a yoga girl," Selina tossed in.  "It keeps me flexible and fit."

"Also, when you spend so much time in such tight, revealing outfits, you kind of have to look good to pull it off," Artemis added.  "So, I suppose a better self confidence is an awesome perk."

"And a killer body," Jade threw in, as she slammed a right hook into Dinah's gut.

"Not everyone's an assassin like you, Jade," Selina told her in amusement.

"I didn't mean it like that."

 "Oh.  Okay."

Dinah narrowed her eyes at Jade's glaring face, a thin sheen of sweat filming on her skin.  Her breath was coming in raggedly and her blonde curls were twisted and knotted.

"Ready for round two, Blondie," Jade smirked.  She took a gulp of water from her Nike bottle.

"Why does everyone keep calling me that?"  Dinah growled, pining her hair up into a high, messy bun to keep it from getting even more tangled than it already was.

 "Intermission is over," Barbara declared cheerfully.  "Three, two, one!"