She Was Named After Me

Dianah: Do you prefer to use your canary cry or your hand to hand combat?

"If it's a typical opponent with no superpowers, I use my hand-to-hand combat, but if it's something a little tougher, I even it out with my canary cry," Dinah explained.

Helena: You just beat Dianah!!!!! Eppp!!! I think your awesome and would love my best friend because she is a huntress fan.

"Well, after years of kicking Dinah's butt, it lost it's epic feel, y'know?  I too think I am awesome and would love to meet your friend.  There are very few Huntress fans so I do value each and everyone of you," Helena quipped.

"Years of kicking my butt?  Helena, please, I've been sending your ass to the ground more times than Jensen Ackles has said 'son of a bitch' in 'Supernatural'," Dinah rebooted.

"Dinah, did I not just prove to you and everyone here that I am your superior in hand-to-hand combat?"

"Uh, I too have a question," Barbara said, breaking the playful tension between Dinah and Helena.

Barbara: how are you so good with technology?  Who taught you?

"I had to be some use to Batman and the Birds of Prey after I was paralyzed," Barbara said.  She fiddled with a pen as she spoke, brows furrowed as she thought.  "I knew most of it before I was even Batgirl.  By the time I was around thirteen, I had a vast knowledge of computers and electronics, expert skills as a hacker, and graduate training in library sciences."

"Showoff," Helena teased.

Barbara merely smirked.  "And I already had a photographic memory, so that made life easier."

"Throw in a genius level intellect and you're set to go," Selina added casually.

"The rougher edges were usually smoothed out by Batman's training," Barbara continued.  "And I was stubborn enough to study hard and learn fast."

Selena: Does it help that your named after a famous Latina singer?  What's going on between you and batman? You guy's have a love hate relationship.

"Please," Selina purred.  "She was named after me."

"Modest as always," Diana teased.

"As for my relationship with Batman...it's complicated.  And yes, it is absolutely a love-hate relationship."

"Elaborate," Dinah demanded.  "We all want details."

Selina ticked off points on her fingers.  "We piss each other off on a somewhat regular basis, but we also make each other laugh.  We harass each other about what we do, him as Batman and me as Catwoman.  But we also understand each other in a way that someone who doesn't do what we do wouldn't."

"Talia," Artemis coughed.

"Kid, stay out of this."

"What?  We were all thinking it," Artemis shrugged.

Selina swiveled to face Diana and Helena.  "We were," Helena admitted.  Diana nodded. 

"I'm with them on this one," Jade added.

Selina made a face but moved on.  "We understand how after a long night, we don't want to talk about it.  There's a lot of pain and frustration in what we do but we love it so you could say that we have a love-hate relationship with our avocations as well."

"And what's really going on right now," Dinah asked sneakily.

"Well...we're taking it a day at a time.  Sometimes we can't handle each other and then sometimes we can't get enough of each other.  So we're just riding it out, seeing how it goes," Selina shrugged.  "We're pretty invested in each other at this point, to be honest.  I think we both want this to work out."