Chapter 22

Rowan's pov

I screamed in pain as the last piece of glass was pulled out of my foot.

"How do you feel?" Sabrina asked me. I stared at the ground. How did I feel? Like nothing. Like a grain of sand on the bottom of a shoe. Meaningless.

"I'm better," I said as I plastered a smile on my face.

The doctor gave me medicine to apply to the wounds, wrapped my feet, and sent me on my way.

I walked to my trailer and saw the pieces of glass scattered across the floor.  I looked down and saw the crumbled photos of us together.

I had destroyed all the memories. But they still came flooding back. I couldn't hold it in.

Before I knew it, tears were falling down my face.  I couldn't help it.  He was my first love.  I still love him, always will.

I swept up the glass into a pile, and put the photos of us in the trash can next to my door. It hurt to throw it all away, but I had to if I was going to be okay.

I collapsed on my couch and stared at my ceiling. How could I live without him? He cared so much and kept me out of trouble. Without him, there was no way I'd survive.

I stood up and decided to go to Sabrina's trailer to take my mind off of things.

Corey's trailer was in between ours, so I held my breath as I walked out of mine.

I couldn't see his face. If I do, I think I'd lose it. I'm not strong, I can't keep pretending to be.

I looked around and saw no sign of him. I quickly made my way past ignoring the burning on the bottom of my feet.

As I past, the door swung open. I looked over and saw Corey standing in the doorway.

His mouth was in a firm line and his eyes were dark, but they seemed to soften at the sight of me.

We stared in each other's eyes for what felt like eternity, but before I knew it, mine flooded with water and I couldn't see.

I broke the gaze and ran to Sabrina's trailer.

I didn't even knock on Sabrina's door, I just went in and sat on the couch. She wasn't in there, so I waited.

After a while she came in.

"Rowan? Have you been waiting a while?" she asked.

"No."

"Okay. Well since your dad is out of town with your sister, I thought maybe you'd want to come over my house tonight," she smiled.

"I guess."

"Great! We can have a girls night and do our nails, hair, makeup, and facials and all that good stuff!" she said clapping her hands.

To be honest I was zoning all of it out, but I agreed to it all anyway.

When we got to her house, we went into her room. I couldn't stop thinking about Corey, no matter how hard I tried.

But I plastered the same fake smile on my face and tried to have a good time.

Corey's pov

Everything I see reminds me of her. I can't get her out of my head. I love her. I miss her. I need her.

What have I done?

But she'll never take me back now. No. I was such an idiot. How could I have done that to her?

************************************

Short chapter, but I hope you liked it :)

Thank you if you read this far !!

I hope you're enjoying the story, and comment what you think is going to happen next between Corey and Rowan!

xoxo,
@riarklerucas