Chapter 13

Corey's pov

I woke up and everyone was still asleep.  I looked at Rowan.  I could see dry mascara running down her face.

I knew she was crying.  And I knew I was the cause.  I never wanted to hurt her again.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.  She eventually opened her eyes and saw me.  And pulled away.

I looked down at my lap.  I forgot for a second.

"Um how are you feeling Row?" I asked.

"I'm.... I'm fine." she said.  I could tell she wasn't.  I could see it in her eyes.  She had so much pain in her eyes.  She could never hide it from me.  I could always tell, and I still could.

I sighed. "That's good." I lied.

Rowan's pov

"Um how are you feeling Row?" Corey asked me.

"I'm.... I'm fine." I lied.  I was so heartbroken.  I thought we were going to end up together.  I guess things change.  People change.

He sighed.  "That's good."

I wanted to cry.  He couldn't tell anymore.  He believed my lies.  I guess we really were over.

The doctor walked in.  "Hey Rowan, you're free to go now."

I smiled.  I wanted to be home in my cozy bed.  After paperwork and everything, Peyton drove me home.  Sabrina was in the car with us.

He dropped both of us off at my house.  Right when we got in I laid on the couch.

"Want me to make you some soup?" she asked.  I mean I wasn't sick, but I won't pass some food.

"Sure, thank you." I said.  I couldn't stop thinking about Corey and what happened between us.

Before I knew it, tears were falling down my face.  I knew it wasn't right to leave it how we did.  I wanted to go running to him and never go back.  But how could I?

Corey's pov

When I got home, I collapsed on the couch.  I couldn't stop thinking about what happened between Rowan and I.

Before I knew it, tears were falling down my face.  We shouldn't have left it like we did.  I wanted nothing more than to run to her and never let go.  But how could I?

Rowan's pov

Sabrina and I watched a bunch of movies together on the couch.  She tried to talk to me about Corey, but I wasn't interested.

After Sabrina left, I went upstairs.  I decided to take a long, hot shower.  I spent at least thirty minutes in there.

When I was done, I dried off.  I sat at my vanity and looked in the mirror.  My eyes had bags from crying and my face was blotchy.

I sighed.  I brushed my hair, changed into my pjs, and climbed in bed.  I wished Corey was with me so bad.  He's the only one who can comfort me in these situations.

I heard thunder boom and shake my house.  I clutched my blankets.  Lightening lit up my room for seconds.

These storms always frightened me.  I knew nothing would happen to me, but the sudden noises and flash of light scared me.

I couldn't stop thinking about Corey.  How we would always laugh together, joke around, and do everything.  He made me feel so safe and loved. 

I would give anything to have that back.  I needed to make things right.  I couldn't live without him.

I ran outside.  I was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt for bed and I was wearing slippers.

I ran and ran even when I couldn't feel my legs. 

Just like before.  I knew my choice.

His house was 15 blocks away, but I just needed to see him.  I could feel myself crying as I ran in the pouring rain.

Thunder shook the streets as I ran.

I finally arrived to his house.  I stood in front of his house.  I was suddenly feeling uncertain. Should I go up?

Just then he opened the door.  He came out and saw me standing in the rain.  He came rushing over with a look of worry on his face.

"Rowan? What are you doing here? And why are you soaked?" he asked me.

"I-I ran here," I said trying to catch my breath, but if only seemed to be getting farther away.

He stared at me for a couple seconds like he was trying to process something.

"Why would you do that?" he said softly.

"Because you're driving me crazy.  I-I can't stop thinking about you Corey.  I don't like Cameron.  It's always been you I wanted." I cried.

I could see tears forming in his eyes.  "Rowan I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea, but Cameron is just a friend." I assured him.

"Oh good.  I never meant to hurt you Rowan.  I-I never thought you would do that and... And I never want to hurt you again." he said.

I smiled.  He pulled me into a hug.

"I love you."  he whispered in my ear.

I looked up at his eyes.  "I love you too." and I was certain of it.  I knew it since the beginning.

He grabbed my face and brought it to his.  He kissed me passionately.  And I kissed back.

We stood there in the rain kissing while in the middle of the street.  We finally pulled away.

"Wanna come inside to dry off?" he asked.

"Sure." I asked as I laced my fingers with his.

We walked in his room and he gave me dry clothes to wear.  I sat on his bed after I changed and while he changed in the bathroom.

Corey's pov

When I came out of the bathroom, the beautiful girl was fast asleep in my bed.

I smiled to myself.  I was so lucky.  To have her and for her to be here.  With me.

I climbed into bed next to her. 

When I was going outside before, I was planning on going to her house.  But I guess she was thinking the same thing.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close.  I looked at her beautiful face.  She was the most beautiful thing in this world, she was my world.

I kissed her forehead and close my eyes.  It was a perfect moment, with my perfect girl.

I couldn't believe she said she loved me back.  I was always unsure on how she felt about me, but I knew from he beginning that I loved her.

I love Rowan Blanchard.

*****************************************

Hey guys!  Thank you so much for 1k views!!

I can't believe that many of you read my story, it means a lot to me.

I'm going on vacation, so I may not update as often as I do.  But I'll try to at least once a day.

xoxo,
@riarklerucas