Chapter 14

Rowan's pov

I woke up in Corey's arms. I smiled to myself.

He was awake. "Good morning."

"Morning." I smiled.

"I have something special planned for us tonight." he said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well it's a surprise."

I sighed. "You know I hate surprises."

"That's why I'm making it one." he smirked.

I hit him in the chest playfully. He started ticking me.

"Stop! Stop it!" I laughed.

He finally stopped. We laid down facing each other. He leaned in and kissed me on the forehead.

I smiled at him. After a while we went down stairs. Corey made chocolate chip pancakes for us, and they were pretty good.

I went home around 12:30.  Corey told me he was picking me up around four.

I sat down and watched tv until 2:30. I went upstairs, showered, and got dressed into a romper and white converse.

  I went upstairs, showered, and got dressed into a romper and white converse

I curled my hair and did my makeup.  Just as I was finishing up, I heard a knock on the door.

I went down stairs and opened the door to see Corey.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he said while raising an eyebrow.

I laughed, and we walked to his car.

"So where are you going?" I asked.

"I told you it's a surprise.  You'll see when we get there." he said.

We blasted the music and sang all the way to our destination.  We arrived at the park.

We came out of the car and he took my hand as he led me up a giant hill.

"Why are we at the park?" I asked.

"It's a surprise I told you." he said.

"Ugh," I laughed.

When we got to the top of the hill, there was a red plaid blanket with a picnic basket on top.  On the top of the hill you could see all of LA.

"Wow." I said while taking it all in. It was a beautiful view.

I could feel Corey's eyes on me.  "Beautiful view, isn't it?" he asked while looking at me. I hit him playfully in the arm as we sat down.

He packed all sorts of food like sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, watermelon, pickles, and more.

We sat there and enjoyed the food and the view. 

"Hey pass me the grapes." Corey said.  I picked up a grape and threw it at his mouth.  It hit him on the cheek.

"Hey not like that." he said as he reached over and took a handful from me. "Open up."

I opened my mouth, he threw one, and I caught it perfectly in my mouth.

"Wow, okay.  My turn.  And make it a good one those time!" he said.

I smirked as an idea popped into my head. I took a handful of grapes and threw them at his face. 

"Hey! Oh you're gonna get it!" he yelled.  I laughed, got up and ran.  He chased me through the grass.

I as fast as I could in a romper, but Corey caught me very easily. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist swinging me around in circles.

He set me to the ground, and I turned to face him. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He started to lean in and kissed me.

He moved his hand up to my head. His hands got tangled in my hair as we pulled each other closer, not wanting any space between us. We started to deepen the kiss, our lips moved in sync.

All of the sudden it started to rain. We pulled apart and looked at each other, out of breath.

"Wow," he said.

"Wow indeed." I replied. We ran back to the blanket and laid down, letting the rain fall onto us.

We sat in silence looking at the sky, until Corey broke it. "Rowan?" he asked.

"Yes Corey." I replied.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I took a deep breath. "I thought you'd never ask."

"So is that a yes?" he asked.

"Yes." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I threw myself onto him, and he wrapped his arms around me.

We pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes. "May I have this dance my lady?" he asked.

"Well of course!" I said.

He put one arm around my waist, and the other grabbed my hand. I put my other arm on his shoulder.

We moved fast, letting the rain fall on us. I felt like it was just us in the world, no one else. It was just me and him. Him and me.

"We're getting soaked!" I said over the noise of the heavy rain falling on our skin.

"I know!" he replied loudly.

We continued dancing despite how wet we were. The grass was getting slippery.

I slipped and fell backwards. Corey caught me in his arms in a dip position.

"Nice catch," I smiled.

"You are," he said softly. We looked at each other, getting lost in each other's eyes for what seemed like forever.

He pulled me to my feet. He took my hand, and we walked over to where we were sitting before. We went and cleaned everything up, and then went to the car.

Corey opened the door for me and I climbed in. And we took off. We pulled up to my house.

"Thank you so much Corey, I had a wonderful time with you today." I said while unbuckling.

"So did I." he smiled.

I got out of the car and went inside. I laid down on my bed staring at the white ceiling. I couldn't stop smiling after today.

I have been waiting so long to be Corey's girlfriend. We had been through so much, and I was so glad he asked me after all this time.

I was finally able to call him mine.

And I was his.

Nothing could ruin this feeling.

Or so I thought.

************************************
Cliffhanger.

Im finally back!! I hope you enjoy this chapter because I thought it was really cute!

Thanks for reading! Please continue to like and comment!!!!!!

xoxo,
@riarklerucas