Chapter 19

Rowan's pov

I stared at the door in front of me.  My shaky hand wrapped around the knob.  I took a deep breath.

Okay Rowan.  You can do this.  Just turn and pull.

I let go and put my hand down.  I couldn't do it.  I turned to Corey.  He look at me with care and worry.

He put his arm around my waist and opened the door.  I stopped in my tracks, but he pulled me forward.

We walked in to find Sabrina and Amir on the couch watching some TV show.

"Where have you guys been?" she asked.

"Where's Peyton?" Corey said with a hint of anger in his voice.

"H-he went home a while ago.  Some 'family emergency'." Amir explained.

Corey let go of me, walked over to the table, and grabbed his keys.

"I'll be back," he said heading for the front door.

"Wait!" I called after him.  He turned to face me.

"What?" he asked.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"I think you know."

"Corey you don't have to do anything."

"Well I'm going to.  I am so pissed, Rowan." he whispered.

I sighed.  He put his hand on my cheek and gave me a small peck on the lips before heading out the door.

I walked back and sat next to Sabrina on the couch.

"What happened that I missed?" she asked.

"Well.  I gotta warn you.  You're not gonna like it." I said.

"Okay.  Go on." she said.

"So when we were playing manhunt, I hid in a tree.  And Peyton found me, so I tried to get down but I slipped.  And he caught me and.. and kissed me."

I glanced up at her face.  She looked hurt.

"And Corey saw, so I ran away.  I'm guessing they talked while I was gone so I don't know what happened there.  But then Corey came and found me, and now we're here."

She looked down at her lap.  I knew it hurt her that Peyton kissed me since she had feelings for him.

"I'm sorry Sab." I whispered.

"It's not your fault." she said softly.  I pulled her into a hug and we sat there watching TV while Amir sat there not saying a word.

Corey's pov

My blood was pumping as I got into my car.  I drove the familiar route to his house.  When I pulled up, I saw his car in the driveway.

His parents car was gone, so I knew he had lied about the family matter.  I got out of the car and walked up to the front step.

I knocked hard.  The door opened to reveal him.  He had a beer in this hand.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Why did you lie? And why are you drinking beer? And why did you kiss my girl?" I said sternly.

"I already told yo-"

"I'm not taking I don't know for an answer.  I gave you time.  Tell me.  Now."

"Okay, okay.  I've always had a crush on her for the longest time." he began.  At the sound of those words, my stomach dropped.

"And I always wanted to date her, but you beat me to it.  So I kissed her, big deal.  Get over it."

After those words came out of his mouth, I took my fist and slammed it into the side of his jaw.

He grabbed it in pain and started at me.  He took his fist and slammed it into my cheek bone.

I punched him straight in the mouth, hard.

"What was that for?" he spat.  Blood was seeping out of his mouth.

"Keep you hands off my girl." I said before turning around and getting into my car.  I took off and went back to Sabrina's house.

I walked in to find them all on the couch.  Rowan got up and walked over to me.

She took her soft hands and ran her thumb over my cheek.  It was painful.

"What happened?" she asked with tears forming in her eyes.

"Nothing, babe." I whispered looking at the ground.

She sighed.  She took my hand and brought me into the kitchen.  She motioned for me to sit on the chair.  She came over and cleaned the cut that was left on my cheek.

I stared into her eyes the whole time, and watched her concentrate on my face.  She was so beautiful.

"Okay," she said softly.  She took my hand and brought me upstairs into the bedroom we were staying in.

We sat on the bed across from each other.

"What happened?" she asked me again.

"I went to his house and confronted him."

"Okay."

"Then h-he was talking about you.  and I-I couldn't take it.  He was talking like you were an object." I said.  I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

She looked down into her lap.  I moved next to her and pulled her into a hug.

We sat like that until she fell asleep in my arms.

************************************
School starts tomorrow!! Ugh.

But anyway enjoy this chapter, and thanks for reading!!!

xoxo,
@riatklerucas