Chapter 20

Rowan's pov

Today was a closed taping. Also the scene where Rucas would happen, ugh. I didn't want to kiss Peyton Meyer again.

His lips were cold and dry.  Unlike Corey's.  I actually felt something when I kissed Corey.  With Peyton, nothing.

I sighed as I got up from my bed. I took a quick shower, and did my makeup.

I changed into my clothes:

I knew that my stylist would change everything I had just done, but sometimes they let me keep some of it

I went downstairs and got into the car. My dad had come back from his long business trip, so live was becoming easier.

He drove me to the studio, and I got out.

I headed to my dressing room. They did my hair done, and of course they redid my makeup and clothing choice.

I made my way onto set, avoiding everyone. I had a lot on my mind. I couldn't stop shaking thinking about kissing Peyton.

I laid in my bed and got ready for the opening scene. After hours of filming, it was time for the closing scene.  Aka time for the kissing scene.

I had kissed Peyton at the end of season 1, but back then I was fine with it.  I mean, it didn't mean anything back then and it won't now.

But this time it was different.  I had a boyfriend, things were complicated.  And I didn't want to complicate them anymore.

I took deep breaths as I sat on the bay window. My mind went blank until I heard the dreaded words of "Action!"

I looked into his green eyes and pretended to be mesmerized.  But in reality, they were cold.  Just like his lips.  His eyes didn't sparkle like Corey's.  They were blank and I couldn't tell anything by looking at them.

When I look into Corey's, I feel safe.  But Peyton's made me feel the opposite.  Almost in danger. 

Ever since he kissed me, everything had changed.  We don't talk to him anymore, and he didn't even apologize for it.  I just wish everything could go back to the way it was.

He grabbed my hand.  I tensed up.  I didn't mean to, but it was just instinct. 

We exchanged our lines before he started to lean in.  I looked over and saw Corey turn around and cover his face with his hands.

This scene was hurting so many people.  But it hurt me the most.  I didn't want this to happen, It couldn't happen.

I had to get out of there.

Just as we were about to press our lips together, I stood up and ran out of there. I went down the hall, making many twists and turns, then locked myself in a closet.

My back slid down against the door.  I heard a bunch of feet run past.  I was glad they didn't know where I was.  In fact, I wasn't planning on being found.

"Where did she go?" I heard voices pant from outside the door.

"I don't know.  Dressing room?" another one replied.

"Let's go!" the third one said before they all ran.  I could tell who the voices were.  Practically the only people who cared about me in this world.

Corey, Sabrina, and Amir.  It made me a little happier that they wanted to look for me.

I took my phone out of my pocket and turned it on silent.  I was receiving a bunch of frantic messages and phone calls from everyone.

Sabrina: Rowan where are you?!!!!!

Sabrina: Are you okay??

Sabrina: Please let me talk to you.

Corey: Row where did you go?

Corey: Seriously... Where are you???

Corey: Cmon please tell me.  I need to talk to you please.

Corey: I will search all day until I find you.

Corey: Please.

Amir: Where are you? We're all worried.

Amir: Are you ok??

I sighed.  I didn't want to play the victim all the time.  I felt like every moment in my life, they're all chasing after me, worrying about me. 

It was like I couldn't take care of myself, and I wanted to be okay.

I texted back.

Rowan: I'm in the closet in the hallway next to the kitchen.  Please come alone. 

I locked my phone and started at the wall.  Or where the wall should be.  It was pitch black so I had no idea where anything was.

After a while I heard a knock along with a voice say, "Rowan? It's me.  Open up.  I'm alone."

*************************************

Hello guys!

Some of you are telling me not to end it, but don't worry! I wasn't planning on ending it soon.

I will probably write at least 10 more chapters (maybe less) before I end.

Who do you think Rowan asked to come?

Find out in the next chapter!

xoxo,
@riarklerucas