Rainy Date

Just in case you were wondering, we did get the interlude sent in on time. We're still waiting to know if we got in, but I'm not too worried. These boys are more talented than some veteran singers/rappers/musicians.

After we sent the interlude in, we spent the whole rest of the night talking about our pasts. Jimin started feeling bad about his body because an older boy he admired in middle school repeatedly called him fat. Constant pressure from his parents to be the perfect "golden child" caused Jungkook to become unhealthily perfectionistic. Namjoon and J-Hope were pained from fake friends. Taehyung smoked because he wanted to fit in and be accepted. It worked, but he still wasn't satisfied. Constant taunting from the "popular" kids caused Jin to hate himself. And Kora Jinrae was the cause of Yoongi's troubles.

I swear that girl is going to pay. Both her and her sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, Yoongi received a text from Jihoon saying that they qualified for prelims in the dance competition. The first thing we did was run to the computer lab.

I signed into my Google account and looked for my email. Sure enough, I received an email from the company running the competition. I opened it and began to read it out loud.

Dear Bangtan Soneyeondan,

Congratulations! You have qualified for the preliminary round—

That was all I had to read before the boys began yelling and jumping and smacking each other. I just sat there laughing. I could understand their excitement, but honestly we hadn't really done anything yet.

"What else does it say?" Namjoon asked.

Congratulations! You have qualified for the preliminary round of the International Korean Pop Star Special! The competition will be held in Daegu, South Korea at the Daegu Performance Arena (address and directions in the link below) exactly one month from today. The theme for this round is something that reminds you of Korea. I wish you the best of luck!

Current rank: 4th

Sincerely,
Park Hyomin, CEO K-Pop Starz International

"That's a good rank," Taehyung said, sounding relieved.

"Why does our rank matter?" I asked.

"Because," J-Hope replied. "They only let 20 bands into the competition. After the prelims they cut it down to 10. Then only five bands compete in the finals. The winner almost always becomes famous."

"Oh," I said. "Well, you guys are super talented. You'll do fine."

~~~~~~~~~

Ok, this is probably shocking, but Yoongi and I haven't gone on a date yet, just the two of us.

So, we agreed to go somewhere after school.

We decided to go to dowtown, get coffee, and just hang out.

In the car, rap started playing. Yoongi obviously knew the song, because he was rapping along.

I laughed.

"What? Is it bad?" Yoongi asked.

"No, not at all. I'm laughing because you're actually better than the rapper on the radio."

Yoongi blushed. "You don't have to be so nice. We're friends you know."

"I'm not being nice, I'm serious. Even if BTS doesn't become famous, I know you'll be a super successful rapper."