"The Stick"

"Hey, Taehyung?" I tapped Taehyung on the shoulder. He whipped around.

"Yoona Noona!" Taehyung gave me a hug. He saw my expression.

"Why do you look so nervous? Do you have a test?"

"No, I don't have any tests," I laughed. "But I do need to talk to you."

"Ok! Let's go somewhere quiet though." Taehyung grabbed my hand and he skipped down the hallway into an empty classroom. He looked at me, his face still lit up. "So, what's up?"

"Taehyung," I said. "What I'm going to tell you in just a second may hurt you. But I just want to you to know that you're one of the best friends I've ever had and I don't want anything or anyone to ruin our friendship."

Taehyung gave me a smile. "Aww, don't worry Yoona. We'll always be friends. No matter what."

"Ok." I took a deep breath. Jin told me to be honest and straightforward, so that's what I'm going to do. "Yoongi and I are officially dating now."

Taehyung gave me a blank expression. I wasn't sure how he was going to react.

"But I thought you..." Taehyung pointed to me, and then pointed to himself, but didn't finish his sentence.

"I know. I did, but I don't anymore."

"Uh...ok..." Taehyung broke his eye contact with me. He began cracking his knuckles.

"I'm really sorry Taehyung. I hope you're not mad at me."

"Aneeyo, gwenchenayo (no, it's fine)."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'll be fine."

"You're not mad at Yoongi, are you?" I asked. Taehyung looked up at me. His eyes weren't glittering like they usually did.

Taehyung didn't respond. He just looked away from me and walked out of the room.

What have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rolled out of bed the next morning, and immediately had to throw up, so I ran to the bathroom and did so. That also when I realized that I had chills, my throat hurt, and I couldn't breathe through my nose.

Ugh, I hate being sick. At least I didn't have to experience the terrible awkwardness of having to go to school with Yoongi and Taehyung.

I cleaned myself up a bit, but stayed in my pajamas. I took some Tylenol, then grabbed a blanket and my laptop and began watching K-Dramas. Other than eating and using the bathroom, that's pretty much all I did all day.

About mid-way through the afternoon, someone knocked at the door. I ignored it, assuming it was just a delivery guy. I mean, who would be at my house right now? My parents were at work, and my relatives would've said something if they were coming over.

My phone buzzed. I grabbed it and read the text. It was from Yoongi.

Do you normally ignore the doorbell?

What?

I shut my laptop and ran downstairs. I peeked out the front window and realized that Yoongi was on my front porch, holding a stack of papers. He gave me look like, about time! I opened the door and Yoongi smiled.

"Hi Yoona!"

"Yoongi! Hey!" I said. "Come on in." I opened the door a little wider and Yoongi came in and gave me a hug. When he let go of me, he eyed my pajamas.