eighteen

Noelle's POV

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the windows of my room. I buried my face into the pillow and groaned loudly. I fucking hated summer.

Wow start of a new day with bitterness already. Loved it.

I sat up in the bed and stretched my arms out before getting up and walking into the bathroom. I took my time while brushing my teeth and taking a shower, all along singing Robbers by The 1975 on the top of my lungs.

I made it to my closet and picked out a pair of black ripped jeans and a simple white t-shirt. I pulled the clothes on before heading towards the kitchen to get some breakfast. It felt like I hadn't eaten in ages. I was famished.

I decided on making banana pancakes and went around the kitchen to collect the ingredients. Once I had everything out and ready, I quickly got to work and started cooking.

After the easy process of cooking, I finally sat down on one of the island chairs with the plate in front of me. I cut out a small piece from the huge stack of pancakes and put it in my mouth. I sighed blissfully at the taste and slowly finished eating my breakfast. There was nothing more I loved than an amazing breakfast, it just made me so happy especially when I had cooked it by myself.

I put the dish in the sink and walked back to my bedroom. I fixed my hair and applied minimal makeup before pulling on a pair of nude stilettos, uncomfortable as fuck. But I had to look presentable, I was going to my office today.

I grabbed my purse and keys on the way out and smoothly made it down to the ground floor. I walked towards my car before unlocking the door and getting in. After putting my purse down on the passengers seat, I pulled my seatbelt on and started the engine. I finally started driving after finding a good song to listen to.

I hummed to the music while driving and soon pulled into the parking lot. There wasn't much traffic so I was thankful for that.

I cut off the engine and grabbed my purse before getting out of the car and walking to the entrance of the building. I got into the elevator and waited patiently while it took me up to my floor. I stepped out as the doors opened and pushed through the glass doors of my office.

I was greeted with multiple good mornings as soon as I entered the office. I reciprocated the gesture with a smile before making my way to my cabin. I put down all of my things on my desk and walked to the glass wall. I stood there, looking out at the city and took a deep breath in. The view, as always, was out of this world, I loved it. I could see the Space Needle standing high and tall in the middle of the city, surrounded by other huge buildings. It looked beautiful and I thought back to how much more prettier it looked at night. I loved this place.

I heard someone clearing their throat which brought me out of my thoughts. I turned around to see Adam standing at the threshold.

"Good to see you, how have you been?" he smiled at me.

Adam was one of the most smart and intelligent person that I had working for me. He was hardworking and dedicated, qualities that I liked. He'd started working with me as soon as I had started my own business and was very useful for all the projects that we had done so far. Also he took care of everything when I wasn't there in the office, which was pretty much a lot. I got along with him the most compared to everyone else, he was a nice guy.

"Really good, how about you?" I asked while motioning him to come in and have a seat.

"Perfectly fine," he said before sitting down.

I walked towards my desk and sat down in front of him before turning my laptop on and putting my elbows on the table.

"That's good. So any updates for me?" I raised an eyebrow.