thirteen

A week had gone by and nothing interesting had occurred in my life. It was the same in and out. I had mainly been working with Uncle Xavier for their new hotel. The construction work had already commenced. Since it was a huge building, it would take at least around a year to finish the whole thing.

Uncle Xavier had appointed Stephen to take care of any matters related to the new hotel so naturally I saw him more often. We had to go decide the interiors of the hotel together. He had a good taste but the guy tried to talk to me a lot while I kept it strictly professional. He was a nice person but I didn't wanna get too close so we ended up making small talk instead.

Currently I was driving to a specific location in my car while Panic! At The Disco blared from the speakers. Brendon Urie was truly a blessing. I tapped my fingers to the beat of the music on the steering wheel while focusing on the road. I could see the building come into view and immediately a smile graced my face. It had been a long time since I had last been there.

I finally turned into the parking lot and parked my car close to the building. I quickly got out and walked towards the main door. After pushing the heavy door open, I made my way to the front desk and was greeted by a familiar face.

"Noelle, long time no see," the huge guy smiled at me. He wasn't necessarily big but compared to me, he was definitely taller and muscular. "How've you been?" he leaned forward on the desk.

"I'm good Jace, just couldn't find the time to come around," I said with a smile.

"Well we missed you here. Anyway what's it gonna be today? The usual?" he raised his eyebrow.

"You know it," I nodded my head. He asked me to wait before his figure disappeared into the back and soon he came out with all the necessary equipment that I would need. He handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said while handing him my credit card.

"You can take any stall you want, we don't have that many customers around right now," he informed me while swiping my card. "You're all set," he handed the card back to me.

"Alright, I'll see you when I'm done," I stated.

"I'll be here," he added while giving me a smile.

I walked towards the area which contained all the stalls. I entered the one which was all the way towards the end. After I shut the glass door, I put down all the equipment on the side table. It felt so good coming back after a long time, it was all very familiar to me.

Eventually I pulled the gun out along with the ammunition. I pulled the handle on the gun, revealing slots for the bullets. After I loaded the gun, I made sure I heard a click when I pushed the handle back up.

Once I got the gun ready, I pulled on a pair of glasses over my eyes just in case the bullet ever exploded in the gun although that rarely ever happened. I walked forward and got into a proper stance. I spread my legs hip width apart and slightly bent my knees before raising the gun in front of me and pulling the safety trigger back. I inhaled and exhaled a long breath and aimed my gun towards the target before pulling my finger back on the trigger. I heard a loud explosion and knew that the shot was fired.

I didn't have to look at the target to know that it was dead in the center. I was always good at what I did.

--------

Stephen's POV

It had been a whole week and I still couldn't bring Noelle to tell me anything about herself. I was exactly where I was before, not even a single step further. Uncle had assigned me to take care of the new hotel and since I'd have to work with Noelle, I thought I'd get to know her better but of course that didn't happen. She kept her distance and only talked business. It was frustrating.