fifteen

Stephen's POV

Blake. Who the fuck was Blake?

Not being able to find out anything about Noelle was pissing me off and driving me over the edge. To make matters even worse, I got myself caught while following her around and she did not seem very pleased with that. She wanted me to stay away from her and not pry into her business. Well then that's what she was gonna get because I would have to respect her decision.

I had to find a way of distracting myself so I wouldn't go around trying to know shit about her. She was a pain in the arse but I felt like the bigger idiot here because ever since I'd seen her I couldn't stop my curiosity about her. It felt like a curse.

I was stuck with my goddamn curiosity and no answers. I absolutely hated it.

Even Uncle seemed to know that Blake guy. I was guessing that either he was Noelle's brother or her boyfriend. If it was the latter, someone was going to get cut.

I was jealous I'll admit. I had never met anyone like her before, she messed with my head. It was horrifying but still I couldn't deny the fact that I was attracted to her. She was fierce and independent and so fucking unpredictable and that's what I really liked about her.

I had experienced her being cold and mean first hand. It was like she was a complete different person and although I had never had a squabble with her, she just seemed to be the type that would not lose an argument. She was an interesting person but I knew somewhere she was hiding her true self. Most of the times she was this happy go lucky person who was sweet and kind to people but I had seen her being harsh, rude and mean, especially to me. She was a beautiful paradox and her intriguing personality really fascinated me.

God I probably sounded like a high school girl talking about her fucking crush.

I didn't know what I was feeling and it was all because of her.

I took a deep breath and shook my head. I had missed todays discussion with my Uncle and Noelle but honestly it didn't matter. Noelle could fill him in, I stayed quite most of the time anyway.

I had no idea why but I felt as if all the life had been sucked out of me because suddenly I realized just how boring my life had become. All I lately seemed to do was attend meetings and come back to my suite. My friends had gone back to London but I think Aaron was still here. I remembered him telling me that he was gonna stay here for the summer. I guess I could hang with him.

I sat up in my bed but before I could get up, my ringtone echoed in the room. I grabbed my phone and checked who it was. Mum. I smiled wide.

"Hi love," I heard my Mum's voice as soon as I answered the call.

"Mum how have you been?" I couldn't stop smiling.

"All good. Tell me about you, how's Seattle and how's work going so far?" She asked in a thick accent.

"Seattle is lovely and I have been working on the new hotel with the architect," I tried to fill her in, "Uncle Xavier wants me to take care of everything related to it."

"That's quite nice, isn't it? I hope you're doing good, I worry about you," she sounded upset.

"I'm fine Mum, what's wrong? You don't sound too well," I scrunched up my eyebrows.

"I just miss you a lot, that's all," I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"I miss you too. I'll be there with you for Christmas, don't cry," I tried to soothe her.

"You know Christmas is too far, summer has just started," she sniffled.

"It won't be long I promise. Look Mum I've got to go so I'll call you later alright? I love you, take care," I finally got up from the bed and walked towards the closet.