Chapter 108: We need another plan

Start from the beginning

"Even after everything?" he asked confused.

"Some things can be worth the trouble," I said with a small smile. He returned it.

"We're winning El Clasico, no matter what," he said determined.

"Good to hear," I smiled at him knowing he was back to being focused.

"What?" I asked him noticing he was staring at me for a while.

"I missed you smiling," he said and before I knew it he kissed me on the forehead. We both quickly moved apart. If any of the staff was around, we would both be in serious trouble.

"I'll see you later," he said smiling almost skipping to practise. I smiled, maybe something would work out after all.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So what do you guys think of the plan?" Pique asked excitedly to the few players he told.

"I think it's great!" Pedro said supportively.

"But we need them in the video," Alexis said using his eyes to point at Xavi and Puyol.

"I know!" Pedro said happily, "I'll go ask them now!"

"Maybe we should wait till after practise," Leo said.

"You agree too?!" Pedro asked him excitedly.

"They don't deserve to be blamed and if we can help them then I think we should," Leo said. Alexis looked at Leo and smiled.

"What do you know that we don't," Villa asked Alexis noticing his knowing smile.

"Nothing," Alexis said innocently.

"You're in?!" Pedro asked his eyes gleaming.

"I think it's a good idea," Villa said.

"Might be fun," Alves said adding to the conversation.

"Everyone is agreeing to the plan!" Pedro said like a child.

Everyone carried on with practise waiting till the end to talk to Puyol and Xavi. They knew the two captains would need convincing but if they were involved in the video, the press would have to listen.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEMI POV

With the new video idea that we had come with, I was feeling slightly positive. Hopefully the press would see the good side of what we provide for the club and it would clear our names.

"Demi," Alexis said shocking me from behind. I jolted slightly from the surprise. I heard Alexis chuckle.

"Are you crazy!?" I hissed at him.

"A little," he said charmingly.

"Look, you know they're being very strict with us and talking to players," I told him.

"You didn't speak to me, I spoke to you," he said shrewdly, "And I can just say we're talking business."

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you we're all in with the video idea, just need to get the captains on board," he told me and I nodded happily until I fully understood what he was saying.

"What video?" I asked him. The only video I knew of was the one we had planned but we said we would strictly not tell any of the players.

"You know, the one to get the press off your backs," he said thinking I was being playful.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said trying my best to lie. Who told him about it? We all promised to keep it a secret but someone must have slipped up. Probably Elena or Matt. He gave me a skeptical look.

"You sure? Leo told us after Jade told him-," he said as my jaw dropped open.

"Jade?!" I asked him not believing my ears. He looked at me a bit confused.

Jade told Leo? The girl who never break the rules?

"Were we not supposed to know?" he asked noticing my reaction.

"Not exactly," I admitted but he didn't seem to understand.

"We didn't want you guys to get into more trouble," I told him. He had an amused smile on his face.

"You guys have not been getting us into trouble," he said.

"Did you not see the press?" I asked him rhetorically.

"They're wrong to blame you, we all know that. It's just a stressful time at the club, they need a fall guy and you guys are it," Alexis said supportively. I nodded but I wondered if that was completely true. If the players never met us, would any of this drama have happened?

"I should get back to work," I said giving him a smile.

"I should get back to practise," he said returning the smile, "But hopefully I'll see you later."

"Yeah," I said but I knew I had to find Jade. I could not believe she told them although they seemed like they would help us but that all depended on Xavi and Puyol. If they didn't agree to this then there was no way of the doing the video. I just had to hope Alexis and the rest of the players were convincing enough. Still, I couldn't shake this feeling that it wouldn't be enough and that I needed to come up with another plan.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All the players were in the locker room packing up their stuff. It had been a long intense practise day and they needed to go home and rest. They all glanced at each other waiting for someone to approach Xavi or Puyol. For a while it seemed all of them were a bit apprehensive until Pedro finally gave in.

"Xavi, Puyol, we need to talk," Pedro tried his best to say seriously. Xavi and Puyol glanced at each other wondering what crazy idea Pedro had come up with.

"You're not setting the playlist before the Clasico," Puyol said strictly.

"What?" Pedro asked confused, "Why not?" he asked honestly but the rest of the team couldn't agree more. Xavi raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay fine but there is something else I want to say," he said but Pique came to stand next to him.

"Puyi, you know you're one of my best friends right?" Pique said and already Puyol was suspicious.

"Well we were wondering if you would be fine with the club recording us practicing," Pique said strategically, "You know show how everyone around here helps."

"You sure this isn't for another reason?" Xavi asked skeptically.

"It might be a good idea Xavi," Villa chimed in.

"Yeah we have had such negative energy these past few days," Alves added.

"I think it would be nice to show people that we are a team," Leo said. Xavi looked at Puyol for an answer.

"I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to show our unity to the public," Puyol reasoned.

Everyone stared at Xavi knowing the final decision was down to him. After a while he spoke.

"I agree," Xavi finally said and the players smiled, "But we must make sure the whole board approves it." The players felt their victory subside.

"What do you mean?" Cesc asked making himself apparent.

"Well if it's for the club, then the club board must approve it," Xavi said simply.

Cesc was about to argue when Alexis spoke.

"Makes sense," Alexis said and he looked at Cesc to not say another word.

Puyol and Xavi left greeting all the players.

"There's no way the board will approve showing the interns in the video," Cesc said upset by the situation.

"Yeah but Xavi was right," Leo said, "Plus it might only get them into more trouble."

"We're going to need a plan then," Cesc said, "We need to find a way to clear their name.

All the players nodded in agreement, they knew they needed to help the girls.