Bonus Chapter- Get In Shape

A/N- Thank you guys so freaking much for 1K followers!! That is absolutely insane and I never thought I'd make it this far. I love you all so much and appreciate each and every single one of you and I'm so thankful for all your support ❤

Brendon's POV

All I could hear as I ran was the sound of my labored breath and my heart beating in my ears, but it wasn't enough to drown off the panicked thoughts running through my mind. I had to get there before Tyler did anything stupid.

He had to be at the bridge, he was always sentimental and everything had a meaning, he had to be there. My legs were burning from the strain of running but I pushed them even harder.

God I need to get in shape.

Thankfully the apartments were only a mile from the bridge. I found the trail that led to the secluded bridge and kept going. Eventually the bridge came into view and I was hit by two very opposing emotions.

One was relief, because I saw Tyler. The other was sheer terror because he was standing outside the railing staring down at the rushing water below.

"TYLER!! PLEASE TYLER, DON'T DO THIS!" I shouted, squeezing every last bit of air out of my lungs. I saw Tyler turn around to face me, his face held a mixture of emptiness, sadness, and anger.

"Go away Brendon! You don't need to be here!" He called back to me, his voice sounding strained.

Finally, I reached him. I saw him start to let go of the rail, but I was able to get a tight grip on his wrist before he could pull away. Immediately I began tugging on his arm to pull him back on the safer side of the railing.

My tugs were harsh and desperate. He can't leave me. He can't; I refuse to let him. He doesn't understand how much I and so many others need him here. I have to make him understand.

"No, stop! You don't understand Brendon, I have to do this!" he pleaded while trying to pull his arm free.

"No you don't Tyler! There's no way in hell I'm going to let you throw your life away, I almost lost you a few days ago!" The reality of what I just said hit me full force, making me pull even harder to get Tyler back. With each word I spoke, I accentuated it with a harsh tug.

"And I'm not. Going. Through. That. AGAIN!!" On the last word I was able to pull Tyler's small frame over the rail. Before he had a chance to run anywhere, I jumped on top of him and pinned his hands down so he couldn't push me off.

"Get off me Bren!" He cried out through his tears. Hearing him call me by my nickname made my heart break even more. He's the only one who calls me that besides Dallon.

"No, now you listen to me! Tyler Robert Joseph, you are too important to me and this world to end your life before you have a chance to really begin it. There needs to be more people like you in the world. People who can still smile despite hardships they've been through, who can still hold a child-like wonder about the world. You're so incredibly kind, sometimes too kind for your own good. You bring smiles to my face. And Sarah's, Jenna's, your parents', and pretty much anyone you talk to. You make people happy by simply existing Ty."

My breathing had slowed down some; the intensity was slowly melting away, leaving behind nothing but the desperation I was feeling.

"You're my best friend Ty; you helped me through so much stuff, and now let me return the favor. Let me help you, please. I don't know what I would do without you...I'm not letting you do this...I'M NOT!"

I broke and let out the sobs I had been holding in. I couldn't keep myself together anymore. My hands let go of Tyler's wrists and wrapped around his waist as much as I could. I buried my face in Tyler's chest and continued to cry.

As I breathed in, his familiar scent hit me and made me sob even more. I was hit by memories from high school of sobbing into Tyler's shoulder while he held me. That happened many days, and Tyler always made me feel safe and wanted. He made me feel secure. Now, it's my turn to do the same for him.

"And you smell really good." I mumbled out, hoping he could understand me. I guess he did, because he sat up of the ground, pulled me in even closer, and started crying harder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking and I...I..." he let the sentence hang as he buried his head in the crook of my neck and let his tears flow freely. I ran my hand up and down his back gently like he used to do for me in an attempt to calm him down.

"Sh, sh, sh. It's ok, it's all going to be ok now. Just breathe, just calm down. I love you Ty-Guy, so much. It's going to be ok now."

Eventually we both calmed down enough to breathe and stop crying. We sat against the rail of the bridge with our legs stretched out in front of us, just letting everything that happened sink in. Eventually, I broke the silence.

"What set you off Ty?" I asked quietly, almost afraid to speak loudly in case it'd make either of us start crying again. He shrugged gently before answering.

He explained the whole situation about how the bad ghost had convinced him that Josh was trying to kill him and that's what set him off. After a bit longer, I was able to convince Tyler that Josh was NOT trying to kill him, and to go talk to him again. We rode back to the apartments in Tyler's car, neither of us speaking much.

When we got in the apartment, Tyler just awkwardly stood there without saying a word. When it became clear that he wasn't going to say anything without a little nudge, I made a grand sweeping gesture with my arms for him to get on with it. He nodded, let out a sigh and hesitantly called out.

"Uh, Josh?"

"TYLER!!" Josh shouted, scaring me and making me jump.

He ran down the hallway to us, but the poor thing forgot that he wasn't solid, so he ended up running straight through Tyler and smacking into the front door that he could never go through as long as Blurryface is still around.

"Owww...I've got to work on that..." Josh mumbled as he rubbed his nose in an attempt to make the pain go away. How could Tyler ever think that cutie was trying to kill him?

He turned around and managed to actually touch Tyler this time as he pulled him into a huge hug. He started to ramble out apologies one after the other. After he finished talking, Tyler started crying.

"Oh frick, I did it again! I'm sorry! What did I do wrong Tyler? I didn't mean to make you cry!"

"Josh, shut up for a second." I said jokingly.

"Sorry."

"Stop apologizing!"

"Sorry!"

"Josh!"

"Sor- I mean, uh, ok?"