9- What Does This Mean?

A/N- Thank you to the people who told me Happy Mother's Day yesterday haha! And oml Cat on a Balcony is sooo close to 10K, that's just mind blowing to me!

The next morning I called my mom to ask if everyone would be around for dinner. She enthusiastically replied yes and was ecstatic when I said I'd like to come over tonight. I still visit home fairly often, it's not like she goes months without seeing me, but she still get's so excited when I come visit.

She started talking about the things she was going to cook and how she would go shopping after work to get the stuff for my favorite foods. I told her not to worry about it, but she ignored me.

After I got off the phone with her, I got ready to go to the grocery store. It still felt weird to be doing normal things and to not be around Tyler. I thought about calling him to see if he wanted to go shopping with me, but I realized I don't have his phone number. I would go check the park, but it was raining outside so I doubted he would be out there right now.

I had heard how the town had reacted after I died and saw things on the news. Anyone looking at that would think I'd have loads of friends, but I really don't. A lot of people know of me or kind of know me, but I don't have any close friends that I can just ask to hang out with me. It's not for lack of trying, it just seems like people never let me get close. I don't know why.

I looked at my face in the mirror and jumped back at what I saw. I saw myself, but with red hair, red around my eyes, and extremely pale skin. I closed my eyes and shook my head. When I looked in the mirror again, I looked normal. You're just being paranoid Josh, everything is fine now. I grabbed my wallet and headed out the door.

Tyler's POV

I wanted to hang out with Josh today, but there was a slight problem. I didn't have his phone number. I could go back to the coffee shop, or even go to his apartment, but I didn't want to seem too clingy and scare him away. He might want some time to himself after everything that has happened.

"Hey, Tyler?" My mom shouted from her room upstairs.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"Can you go to the store for me please? I'm still feeling sick."

"Sure."

"Thank you sweetie, the shopping list is on the counter. The envelope with the food money is on top of the chest of drawers in the entryway."

"Got it!" I slid on the shoes I kept by the front door, grabbed the list and the money, and then headed out the door. I ran to my car at got in as quickly as I could.

I hated the rain. I shivered a little at the feeling of a few stray rain drops sliding down the back of my neck as I turned the car on. With a small scowl on my face at the weather, I headed to the store.

I after circling the parking lot a few times, a spot close to the doors of the store finally opened up. I quickly pulled into the space before someone else had the chance to take it. I looked to my left and saw a familiar looking black truck.

Maybe Josh was here too. With a triumphant grin on my face, I prepared myself to run through the northern downpour outside. I made it into the store with no accidents, but once I got inside it became a different story.

In the front entry area, I slipped on the slick tile floor and landed flat on my back. The breath got knocked out of me and I groaned in pain and frustration.

"Tyler, are you ok?" I heard a panicked voice ask. I looked up and there was Josh leaning over me with a look of concern.

"Are you hurt?" He asked again when I didn't say anything.