15- Kicking and Screaming

A/N- Thank you guys for being so understanding about the delay, I love ya'll so much!!

I felt like I was watching things happen on a movie screen from a first person perspective.

The feeling of Blurryface ripping through my mind and pushing me to the back was excruciating, but it's not nearly as bad as watching myself do and say horrible thing to the people I love and care for.

My only saving grace is that they know it's not me doing any of these things.

This feeling of being trapped in my own mind brought up painful memories for me. I was bullied a lot in middle school, and this is pretty much how I felt. The drums were what saved me then.

After the eighth grade my dad took a promotion at his work so we could move and I could go to a different school system. Everyone here was so much nicer to me, and I didn't have any problems with being bullied during high school.

Anyways, this must be how Tyler felt when Blurry was tied to him all the time. How he managed to go on as long as he did while feeling like this is a question to me.

I have so much more respect for him now, even more than I had before, which I didn't know was possible. If - when, stay positive Josh- I get to the front of my mind again I will definitely be sure to tell Tyler.

I watched as my body stalked closer to my friends. I tried to make my body stop moving, to make it listen to me, but it was no good. Blurryface was in complete control. I saw my mirror start to glow and I instantly knew what Blurry was going to do.

Stop! Halt! Do something else! I shouted at my mind, but it had no effect.

I tried to push against Blurry, to get him out of my mind, but that didn't work either. I saw my hand wave and the three ghosts be forced into the stupid mirror, leaving Tyler alone with Blurryface and my possessed body. This is really not good...

I could faintly hear Tyler's words; they were muffled, like he was talking from underwater. He was angrily shouting at Blurry and looked very confident.

Despite the circumstances, I was happy. Tyler had come so far, and I was very proud of him right now. I could feel Blurry falter a little in my mind, but I had a feeling words weren't going to be enough to make him go away this time.

Suddenly, I felt Blurryface's strength surge and I watched my hands shove Tyler into a wall and wrap around his throat. His face filled with fear and panic. I don't blame him a bit. I was panicking too.

I tried to push against Blurry again, and it didn't work the first time, but I kept trying. After a few more tries, I was finally able to push through enough to make my hands release Tyler.

"Josh? Are you there? Your hair is purple..." Tyler asked confusedly, his voice scratchy from where I had been gripping it moments before.

"For now, I'm trying Ty. Please-" Blurry pushed against me and I saw my body collapse a bit. I pushed back just enough to get a few more words out to Tyler.

"Please know I'm trying." I felt Blurry rip me away from my own mind once again, I think I screamed but I no longer had control of my throat. Please be strong Baby Boy, I'm trying to be strong for you...

Tyler's POV

I gripped Josh's hands and tried to pry them off my throat, but it was no use. He was so much stronger than me.

Suddenly, Josh's hands went slack and his face held a look of pain. I watched in awe and confusion as his hair changed colors right before my eyes. It went from red to bright purple.

One of his eyes was still red, but the other one had gone back to its normal coffee brown that I so dearly loved.

"Josh? Are you there? Your hair is purple..." I asked shakily.

It hurt a little to speak after the death grip on my throat, but I didn't care at the moment; I was focused on trying to talk to Josh.

Nothing else mattered in these few seconds I had with him, because right now I'm not sure if I'll get any more time with him.

"For now, I'm trying Ty. Please-"

His voice cut off and his body lurched forward towards the ground, his flickering red for a moment before going purple again. I never believed in supernatural/magical stuff before, but after all of this I definitely was now.

"Please know I'm trying." He said, a look of desperation and panic in his eyes, like he needed me to understand that none of this was his doing.

Before I could assure him I knew and still loved him, he screamed as his hair turned red again and stayed that way. He opened his eyes and once again they were both unnervingly red.

"Sorry about that," the unnaturally deep voice spoke once again.

"Where were we again?" he sarcastically asked with a smirk.

"You were just saying that you were going to leave all of us alone and go throw yourself into the deepest pit in hell." I said, kind of hopefully but not actually believing for a second that it would work.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Blurryface said. He started to walk forwards, but suddenly Josh's whole body pitched sideways like was tackled by some invisible force. I saw a flash of purple as he fell, but by the time he hit the ground his hair was red again.

Josh was fighting against Blurry inside his own mind. I knew what that was like, but I think what Josh is going through is slightly different from what I went through. I was never actually possessed by Blurry, just plagued by him.

Still, the fact that Josh was still fighting gave me some hope. If we're going down, then we're definitely not going to go quietly. We'll go kicking and screaming the whole way out.

I saw Blurryface start to get up off the floor, and that's when I made a move out of desperation. With a yell, I ran forward and tackled him down to the floor once again.

Sorry about the bruises Josh, I'll take care of you later. I promise.

A/N- Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how? Surpringly, despite my track record of getting hurt and falling down/off things I have never broken a bone. No one believes me when I first tell them.

Of course, it's coming from the girl who fell down the stairs 3 times, fell off a stool because I sneezed to hard (my teacher won't let that one go), tripped at the gym and knocked over a weight rack, and got a nosebleed because I sneezed while doing homework and my pen went up my nose ALL IN THE SAME MONTH. Yeah, I wouldn't believe me either.